I hate cooking, are frozen dinners ok?

Options
hazocama
hazocama Posts: 13 Member
I dont like to cook and am eating heathly choice, lean Cuisene and/or smart choice. (which ever is on sale that week)
I also have either salad or yogurt or veggies with them to add the calories.
Is this destroing my weight lose or not? Im not really losing much and am staying within my cal goal count
Any answers?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    processed foods are often high in carbs, added sugars, salt etc so I would say take a hard look at the ingredients list and nutritional label.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try avoid them , which not cook a batch of chicken/turkey/beef whatever on say a sunday last, to last three days. That way you can incorporate the food into easily prepared meals (salads, cold pasta, etc)
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The sodium especially will kill the weight loss!!! I hate cooking too but it is really easy to grill a bunch of chicken breasts and bake some sweet potatoes for the next few dinners.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I eat them almost daily for my lunch. I am still seeing weight loss. I am exercising a lot though so I don't know if that is counter balancing what I'm eating. For me (a person who hates to cook) this is a good alternative and I'll continue to eat them no matter what the haters say :-)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well bc I work nights I found myself eating frozen dinners alot. I grew tired of always feeling bloated and not really satisfied from eating. The reason? 1. They are extremely high in sodium. I dinner can be half your intake. 2. It really isn't alot of food for such little calories. I haven't had a frozen meal in almost a month and I feel better, I don't retain water the way I did and I'm never hungry bc I replaced it with filling food.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I also eat Lean Cuisine daily for lunch. When I cook, any leftovers from the night before, will be eaten by hubby for his lunch.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a proponent of anything in moderation. Now, I don't think you should rely on them as a staple for supper every day of the week, but I don't see it as a big deal if you have one once or twice a week (which is what I do) . I hit the treadmill as soon as I get home from work so I'm hungry and need a supper that I can make quickly when I'm done. Therefore, I meal plan and prepare meals ahead of time.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them exclusively, but I don't think there is anything wrong with them. It sure beats (calorie wise and pricewise) eating out.

I'm by no means a gourmet chef, but there are plenty of easy and quick meals you can make. Chicken can be prepared a number of ways or use a slow-cooker and let that do all the work for you. I put a pork roast in the slow cooker before workj and when I come home, all I have to do is make a side dish and I'm all set. There's usually leftovers, so lunch for the next day is a no-brainer!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I eat them for dinner and pair it with a salad. I like cooking, but it's not in the cards right now. I try to cook on the weekends, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I'm still learning. Also, I'm a very picky eater so it's hard to find things to cook that I will like and be low in calories. I eat Lean Cuisines. My boyfriend has a Healthy Choice everyday for lunch. He seems to really like those. I like the lean cuisines because I can have chicken parm and pizza and it still be a good choice. Granted, some days I go over my sodium. For right now in my life, they work. I don't want to eat them for the rest of my life though
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat a frozen meal every day at work. The rest of the day I try and eat less processed food. It's all about balancing! Good Luck!
  • missmacknz
    missmacknz Posts: 39
    Options
    Now it is winter time I find myself eating one for dinner several nights a week. I eat the weight watchers ones which have about 300 calories in them and I find them perfectly fine. They are high in sodium but if you watch whatelse you eat during the day it can balance out. I don't go over my sodium limits and I find them quite nice and tasty and suit me down to the ground.

I hate cooking too - especially for the small amount of food I can eat in one go and during the winter there is less options /less feeling like steak and salad etc. A tin of appropriate soup which is easily microwaved is another good option and very low in calories if you stay away from the creamy ones.