DIET PEPSI?

Options
Hi can anybody help im just wondering, after i only lost 1 pound this week i've decided to cut out bread as i love my bread and do use most of my calories on bread. Just another thought does anyone think i need to cut out the diet pepsi too? Im not a massive fan of water and as i have also quit smoking too i do look forward to a can of 'PEPSI MAX' Im drinking no water whatsoever! Is this where im going wrong? x
Thanks
Natalie
x

Replies

• melitsace
    melitsace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Water is so so so important. I understand the soda addiction but it is so so so bad for you...diet or not. To help with water, you can start with carbonated water and for every 12oz add 2Tbs of 100% Juice...just be careful not to put too much juice in there. OR, you can cut up your favorite fruit and put it in a jug of water and put it in the refrigerator over night and then your water will taste like that. You need to drink half your body weight in water a day plus 20oz for each half hour you work out. Your body neeeeeds the water and soda will actuall dehydrate you even more so your body will hold onto that water weight. I know it is hard to let it go, but it will help you so much and you will feel better when you are not dehydrated : ) Good luck!!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    i would say it depends on how many you are having a day. they really are not good for you but if you limit it to 1 a day or so you should be alright. but in general the less processed the food/drink the better it is for you. but it is better to reward your self with a diet pepsi everyday than to go without and then binge because you have taken away everything all at once. hope this helps, i also am a bread/pasta lover who had to cut it out at first. i now eat it in moderation but nothing like i used to do. good luck to you and remember that it is a process and just keep at it :smile:
  • cwrn02
    cwrn02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yeah diet pop raises your insulin level just like sugar and cause you releaser insulin and store it as fat. Water actually increases your metabolism. I do crystal light, energy, or lemon water, ice tea unsweetened is good. I would start with a goal, if you have one pepsi max everyday cut it down to 3 times a week and gradually decrease from there. Hope that helps!!:smooched:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    DP is a gift from the gods..
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    yeah diet pop raises your insulin level just like sugar and cause you releaser insulin and store it as fat.

I'd like to see proof of that. I don't believe it's true.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I drink 8ish a day with no issue--I mean obviously the weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like (you know, yesterday), but when I stay within my goals I lose at about the rate MFP tells me I will.
  • subtractionproject
    subtractionproject Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't cut it out, cut it down.

That's the golden rule for pretty much anything. Except maybe meth.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    no

there are no calories in it
    drinking it will not hurt your weight loss, since weight loss is based on calorie deficit. i have 1-2 diet sodas a day
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    yeah diet pop raises your insulin level just like sugar and cause you releaser insulin and store it as fat

this isn't really true it does trick your body into thinking it is hungrier and will make your body crave sugar but if you are doing things in moderation you are going to be fine. your body runs off sugar (energy) and only excess will turn into fat. the more water you can drink instead of DP or sugary juices the better but one a day wont kill your progress. Crystal light has the same fake sugar as DP so it really is no better really. :ohwell:
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is fine. It won't cause you to gain weight because calories in / calories out, and it has no calories.
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bread too and would quite happily live on it ( and did!) I limit myself to a maximum of 2 slices a day and I think it helps. I also love Pepsi max! I hadn't cut out Pepsi max, but don't drink so much off it, although these last couple of weeks I haven't been drinking it cause I forgot to buy it, and I have had 2 good weight loss weeks- maybe there is a link? I was drinking fanta zero instead though so Im not sure.... You can always have squash if you find water difficult..
    good luck!
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi can anybody help im just wondering, after i only lost 1 pound this week i've decided to cut out bread as i love my bread and do use most of my calories on bread. Just another thought does anyone think i need to cut out the diet pepsi too? Im not a massive fan of water and as i have also quit smoking too i do look forward to a can of 'PEPSI MAX' Im drinking no water whatsoever! Is this where im going wrong? x
    Thanks
    Natalie
    x

I would say cut it down to maybe a can or 2 per day. Soda itself is somewhat unhealthy in excess, I've actually managed to cut soda almost completely from my diet, after having a terrible addiction to pepsi and dr. pepper. Ive fund carry around a liter of water with me and drinking that, then refilling it and drinking it again gets me to my water intake, add a splash of lemon or flavoring if it makes it easier for you! As for cutting bread, I've learned to live without most starches. I've replaced most of mine with vegetable substitutes (lots of great recipes!) and it doesn't make me feel bogged down. Now I'm not saying cut them out completely, but you can cut them down to maybe once a day or every other day, whatever you're comfortable with. Good luck!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i used to be addicted to diet pepsi but ive forced myself to stop drinking it and have water instead and it has made my stomach feel flatter and made me feel more alert so id recommend it.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump......main reason, I drink Diet Pepsi (and have since I was a little girl). So this should be interesting.
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    yeah diet pop raises your insulin level just like sugar and cause you releaser insulin and store it as fat. Water actually increases your metabolism. I do crystal light, energy, or lemon water, ice tea unsweetened is good. I would start with a goal, if you have one pepsi max everyday cut it down to 3 times a week and gradually decrease from there. Hope that helps!!:smooched:

Thanks hun found this info really usful as i am diabetic xx
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options

HAHA :-) x
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    no

there are no calories in it
    drinking it will not hurt your weight loss, since weight loss is based on calorie deficit. i have 1-2 diet sodas a day

if it makes my body look as good as yours i shall drink more haha ty x
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    I LOVE bread too and would quite happily live on it ( and did!) I limit myself to a maximum of 2 slices a day and I think it helps. I also love Pepsi max! I hadn't cut out Pepsi max, but don't drink so much off it, although these last couple of weeks I haven't been drinking it cause I forgot to buy it, and I have had 2 good weight loss weeks- maybe there is a link? I was drinking fanta zero instead though so Im not sure.... You can always have squash if you find water difficult..
    good luck!

Ty hun x
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    i used to be addicted to diet pepsi but ive forced myself to stop drinking it and have water instead and it has made my stomach feel flatter and made me feel more alert so id recommend it.

i know what you mean hun it makes me feel bloated x
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

HAHA :-) x
    AND we're on a first name basis!