Wow

Options
I moved out with my girlfriend last November. Since then I have gained between 20 and 30 lbs and today I found out why.

First when we woke up this morning she ask me what do you want for breakfast? I told her I would make my own so I can keep track of my calories. I get some cottage cheese and a banana for breakfast. She comes out with a sandwich that has bologna, cheese, sunflowers seeds, and ranch on it. On top of that she grabs chips and a soda. Yes this was breakfast. Now for lunch. She says she wants Cheese Bread from Little Caesar's, I told her I would go with her to get some but I was not eating any. When we got back I was curious so I checked how many calories they had. Each little slice has 220 calories a piece I could not believe it! She had 6 pieces that is over 1,000 calories! I ate a tray. Than we go out the mall because we are bored. On the way home she says she wants a milk shake from Steak N Shake. Again out of curiosity I look up how many calories. Over 1,000 in the milkshake! Now she is going to work (she works at Pizza Hut) and she says she usually has between 2 and 4 pieces of pizza while at work. What really annoys me is that she is still skinny :mad:

I just started eating better yesterday so one week ago I would of been eating all that too. I did not eat one thing that she got today and I have kept to eating at home and eating healthy. It is past 5 and I am at a little over 700 calories.

It is a little success for me! Now I know what I was doing to gain the weight, so I know how to lose it!

Replies

• ashleylmonk
    Options
    great job!! keep it up
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! keep up the good work.
  • dizzynoodle29
    Options
    just remember not to under-eat. I am finding I lose more weight at 1500 calories a day than 1200 calories, 'cause my metabolism is working harder. don't forget to eat a little something every few hours
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    "knowing is half the battle"!

(I'll feel old if you don't get the reference)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Yup, Amazing how eating habits of others lead to bad eating habits for us.

I thought I would "show off" my cooking & baking to my love. Yeah, he greatly appreciated home cooked meals. Unfortunately we both packed on weight. Me, 30lbs give/take a lb -- him, not sure. I would estimate 50-70lbs.

Good luck.....
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good job. I've been using MFP to plug in foods and check the calories before I eat them. Just to plan ahead , it reallly helps. You'd be surprised how much fat and calories are in things you just won't expect them to be in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!