I need a good ice crusher

Options
Weaz66
Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
Can anyone recommend a good ice crusher/blender. I have an old regular blender. An although it has a button for ice crushing its always getting jammed. I have to use the old fashion ice cube trays that you fill the tray with water and put in your freezer, cubes are approx 1"x1". I'm afraid one of these days its gonna burn out on me. I've heard mixed reviews about The Bullet so I'm not sure if I want to try that or not. I'm really getting addicted to my smoothies and proteins shakes!

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, a Vitamix will do the job for you without burning out, ever.

I know people who LOVE their Magic Bullet... and people who hate it.

I'm not much help.
  • Weaz66
    Options
    If you can afford it, a Vitamix will do the job for you without burning out, ever.

I know people who LOVE their Magic Bullet... and people who hate it.

I'm not much help.

Sure you are of help, thanks for posting. Do you or someone you know own a Vitamix?
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I looked at the VITAMAX after hearing alot about it from MFPers... Its several hundred dollars, and I'm looking for something a little less costly.... So I BUMP this to read future comments!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    NINJA
    NJ600_hero.jpg
  • kb119
    kb119 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my vitamix so so much!! If you're serious about using your blender on a daily basis, you should make the investment. I used an old blender for a while, but it didn't take long for it to poop out on me. I tried the ninja before trying the vitamix, though, and hated it. I broke down after that and got the vitamix not wanting to spend money time after time on something cheap. If you can afford it, definitely go for the vitamix.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We really like our Ninja. You can get a really good deal on them at Sam's Club :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have the bullet and like it, as far as what it is. If you're comparing it to say the booster juice blenders, they're crap. There is definitely better blenders out there.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have a Krups blender which crushes ice. I really like it. I use it for making slushies and smoothies.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I know a LOT of people with Vitamix Blenders. There just isn't anything better, as far as I know.
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of good things about Ninja - think I am buying one for myself this week. Prices aren't ridiculous on Amazon.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    You might consider a used restaurant equipment liquidator. You can get an awesome blender at a discount price. The commercial ones are made to be used all day, every day. Good luck.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I looked at the VITAMAX after hearing alot about it from MFPers... Its several hundred dollars, and I'm looking for something a little less costly.... So I BUMP this to read future comments!!

Just order a Vitamix blender off of QVC last weekend on a today special value for $469 shipped. I was going to get a Ninja but my wife wanted to be able to make the hot soups which you can't do with the Ninja... I want it for smoothies and protein shakes and am interested in getting the dry container to grind grains and make some homemade breads.... I know it is alittle pricey but you get what you pay for and everyone that I know that owns this blender Loves it!! Best of Luck.....
  • Weaz66
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I greatly appreciate the advice!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Ninja...i have had one for 5 years...couldnt live without it.... it makes crushed ice all the way to snow!