Increasing protein

Options
I have a quick question. How would you increase your protein intake without necessarily increasing your carbohydrate intake? I have a problem with not having enough protein in my diet but having too many carbs. Can anyone make any suggestions on foods I could try to help with this problem??

Replies

• heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i'm looking to increase my protein, too. i'm going to have to check back here :)
  • healthy1215
    healthy1215 Posts: 54
    Options
    beef, chicken, pork chops, bacon, smoothie king gladiator protein powder mixed with almond milk, eggs.....
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i eat ALOT of protein... you can look at my diary... to get there i eat eggs, chicken, lean ground beef, low fat cottage cheese, almonds, protein powder and spinach
  • Oomsy89
    Oomsy89 Posts: 4
    Options
    intake a protein based drink.. and yes im saying llike a protein shake but not like all protein shakes. its call visalus science! greatest thing ever. check this out
    overview.visalus.com :happy:
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    The only carbs I've been getting are from those in fruits and veggies. The other starchy carbs don't do well with my body. As for protein, aside from chicken, lean pork and the occasional red meat (I despise all fish and seafood), I get mine from protein shakes, 2% cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and string cheese.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegetarian?

Because, like. ANY kind of meat...
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    For snacks I eat lots of tinned tuna and salmon, protein bars and cottage cheese. Some veges have a reasonable amount, like broccoli. Of course chicken is good. I am not sure of the fat and carb content of those things off the top of my head, but I manage to eat enough protein in them without to much of other macros.
    Beef jerky is good if you can get some low sodium kind.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Any meat will increase protein and not carbs. Only vegetarian protein options contain carbs.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Personally I replaced bread with wraps, I eat a lot of chicken, yogurt, clif bars, fish and have a protein shake 5 days a week with just water, and 1 day a week with milk and fruit as a meal replacement. I have a very high protein and low carb diet
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't forget fish. A 6 oz can of tuna has 40 grams of protein. A six oz. piece of salmon has 41 grams.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Seafood...might be your answer.

Also, watch your sodium levels. That's an invisible factor which will cause/increase weight gain. (learned the hard way.)

~katie
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump - looking for non-meat options, pls.