NSV...half marathon!

Options
2»

Replies

• MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    And a runner is born! Congrats on a job well done.

Enjoy the time between now and your next half. Before long you'll be training for a full marathon.

Let's calm down with the crazy 'full marathon' talk...I don't know how anyone could run that far! I'd have to take a WEEK OFF OF WORK! For now, I'll try to speed up some of my shorter races :)
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    I am so impressed. What an awesome and well earned achievement.

And you glow!
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome job! You should be proud. I agree with a poster above, you *are* glowing.
  • MNchick
    Options
    wait...are you guys saying I look preggo?!?!

JK ;)
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done! Nice finish time - Divas rock!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    So...I decided in February to attempt a half marathon and signed up for the Run Like A Diva half in Myrtle Beach, CA.

My main goal was to finish without getting picked up by the gimp van (if you aren't able to finish in 3:30:00)...I completed it in 2:47:27 (with water/bathroom breaks included)!!!!

I hurt...but am proud of myself, and fully enjoying the rest of my RUMDAY. Ooops, I mean, Sunday!

532764_10150854419204755_517759754_9767933_539890365_n.jpg

Awesome job. You should be proud.
  • alleypie86
    alleypie86 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job! Did you follow some kind of half marathon training plan? I've done a few 5ks and a 10k and plan on doing my first half marathon in the fall. I'm looking for a plan to follow, but there are so many out there. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your race! It looks like a really fun event!
  • MNchick
    Options
    Great job! Did you follow some kind of half marathon training plan? I've done a few 5ks and a 10k and plan on doing my first half marathon in the fall. I'm looking for a plan to follow, but there are so many out there. Thanks for the inspiration!

I'll send you an email with the site I used...before this, the furthest I had run was about 5 miles for a mud run, but that was last year, so it brought me from about 1.5-2 miles to 13.1!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sooo jealous! That looks like so much fun! I'd love to do the one in Hawaii. Maybe I can talk hubby into a vacation... :-p
  • MNchick
    Options
    Sooo jealous! That looks like so much fun! I'd love to do the one in Hawaii. Maybe I can talk hubby into a vacation... :-p

I like the way you think!
  • alleypie86
    alleypie86 Posts: 3
    Options

I'll send you an email with the site I used...before this, the furthest I had run was about 5 miles for a mud run, but that was last year, so it brought me from about 1.5-2 miles to 13.1!

Thank you - that would be really helpful!
  • MNchick
    Options
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-591--14225-0,00.html

There are several plans here, but I used the one on the bottom...the "SmartCoach" option.

Let me know if you have questions!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!