bump for later
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Using 'your' method, it's pretty close to MFP's amt for me to eat daily (in order to lose 2lbs per week)... I'm using 1280; the website you mentioned states 1230. 80 of my 1280 accts for vits, so like I said, pretty close.
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, great post. Lots of sound advice, especially impressive in someone so young. Congrats on your wt loss/life style change. Amazing.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I'm not a newbie but when I saw the topic of this thread I was like "oh great it's going to be another person posting a bunch of incorrect information" but your post turned out to be very well-rounded and thoughtful! I'm sure it will help a lot of people out!

I saw a couple of people say that there TDEE -500 puts them below 1200... if that is the case, you should never eat below your bmr and just lose a little less than 1lb per week. That's the situation I'm in now. I'm already pretty small and at a healthy weight so if I wanted to lose 1lb per week I'd have to eat around 1100 cals when my bmr is 1350... this wouldn't be good, so I make sure to net 1350 every day and I've just accepted the fact that my weight loss will be a bit slower. That's what happens when you're smaller. To me, it's worth it to lose weight the healthy way! :)
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    Thank you someone who finally understands... For smaller people if your TDEE-500= less than 1200 then eat at your BMR and have just a little slower loss... its not worth it to try and make your body run on no fuel!
    Thanks for posting this. I'm not a newbie but when I saw the topic of this thread I was like "oh great it's going to be another person posting a bunch of incorrect information" but your post turned out to be very well-rounded and thoughtful! I'm sure it will help a lot of people out!

I saw a couple of people say that there TDEE -500 puts them below 1200... if that is the case, you should never eat below your bmr and just lose a little less than 1lb per week. That's the situation I'm in now. I'm already pretty small and at a healthy weight so if I wanted to lose 1lb per week I'd have to eat around 1100 cals when my bmr is 1350... this wouldn't be good, so I make sure to net 1350 every day and I've just accepted the fact that my weight loss will be a bit slower. That's what happens when you're smaller. To me, it's worth it to lose weight the healthy way! :)
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    Thanks for posting this ands for inspiring me to keep going!
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out the workout info. Still researching "heavy lifting" and if it should be 5 rep as opposed to 8?
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    @bebreli- whatever you are comfortable with I like anywhere between 5-8 reps depending on the exercise :)
  • Klattersmack
    Klattersmack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am confused about TDEE.....I'll go back and study the welcome email I got about MFP. I'm basically starting over, again, today! What does it mean whe people put "bump"?
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Helpful! Thanks...I'll be reading this again and again I'm sure!