don't you just hate it when you screw up?!

Options
I spent the afternoon shopping with my dear daughter. We have "emergency almonds" in the car, but my husband has that for a few days on a trip. We had the van which is devoid of any snacks. Didn't get home and eat dinner until after 8 PM at which point I was ready to chew off an arm. I KNOW better than to let myself get that hungry. I completely overate and now I am just miserable. Very peeved at myself, not just for the calorie and sodium intake but also because it will affect my sleep tonight. Grrrrr....time for a big glass of water and the "reset" button (and fixing an emergency stash for the van)! This is my first big screw-up since I started my new lifestyle April 3, but I am still mad at myself for letting this happen. Just wanting to vent, and find others who have had similar experiences. Feel free to share your "oops" here too.

Replies

• cgernhard
    cgernhard Posts: 11
    Options
    ugh yes. I had a completely crap day today. Idk. Yesterday, I only ate 1200 calories, which is low for me, and definitely not enough protein. I woke up this morning and I was just ravenous. I ate tons of sugar and refined carbs and was pretty much snacking on crap all day long. This whole past week has been a bit rough cause it was my birthday week and everybody kept taking my out for dinner and cake and having drinks etc etc....blech. I just want to get back on track but I feel like crap, and I'm terrified to step on the scale. I feel like I've probably gained back all the weight that I've lost in this past month, even though that's probably unlikely :/

Meh.

Tomorrow is another day, I guess.
  • heyemz
    heyemz Posts: 12
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I beat myself up whenever I have a bad day... and it gets the point where that's all I can think about the rest of the day. I just am like WHY?! WHY DID I DO THAT?!

Anyways... what you have to keep telling yourself is that it is okay to slip up every now and then. We are NOT perfect; we are only human. I always remind myself that this ONE day I slip up is better than the past years of my life I allowed it to happen consistently for me to be overweight. Just remember that this screw up isn't going to mean you're done with your journey - it's a bump in the road :) Don't let it affect how you eat tomorrow.

Good luck! Always stay positive and never give up!
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    cgernhard, I'd recommend not weighing yourself for a couple weeks in case it discourages you. Get your diet and exercise back on track to undo any weight gain damage and you'll be fine.

I went to a one year old's birthday yesterday - ate soo much crap, THEN ate 2 chocolate bars and a 600ml choc milk on the 2.5hr drive home. WHY THE SELF SABOTAGE?!?!?!? INSANE!!!! Wont happen again.