I did it! My first 5k...

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
what an amazing experience. When I crossed the finish line, the clock said 40 minutes - that was from the race start not my start so I did pretty good on time but not sure my actual real time - I forgot to start my watch! What an incredible day! 14,000 participated in the Charlotte Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Great job, what a amazing feeling!! My just did my first half marathion and it was incrediable.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That looks like so much fun! Gratz on your first run, it must feel GREAT!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am registering for my first 5K for May 9, 2010 for the Race or the Cure in Philly. I am starting C25K today! :smile:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congratulations! bravo.gif
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Great job on your race.:smile: If you were wearing a timing chip you can check the results and they will have your time on the clock when you finished and they usually have you elapsed time from the start line to the finish. I would bet it is at least 5 minutes difference with as many people in the pictures.

My wife and I are doing race for the cure in 2 weeks. It should be fun and I hear lots of people do this race as well.
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    I did my first 5K on Saturday too!!! I did great and surprised at how well I did. I didn't know what to expect. I ran it in 30:30 and if I knew I was that close to under 30 minutes I would have pushed my self a little more at the end. I hope to do some more races in the future. It was fun.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    You go girl :flowerforyou:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! What a great event and a great cause. So happy for you.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!! You look great and should feel proud!!!! I ran a 5K yesterday pushing my 35 pound grandson in the baby jogger,only one in the race was us so I guess we won! LOL No really it was just my daily exercise and when I was done it felt great! I see you are almost to goal and I truly believe it will be attained soon! You ARE an inspirition to sooo many so hang in there and keep the beautiful smile! Best wishes girl!!!
    vhuber
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say I raised over $1,000 - doubling my goal of $500!

Thanks everyone!!!!
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! How terrific!!!! I can't wait for my first 5k!!! I am working on just being able to run right now. Joined a clinic and making great progress. Keep it going!!!! You're an inspiration!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Chrissy!!! :drinker: Great that you have photos to remember this milestone by, too!

-Ian
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow Chrissy, congratulations!! That must have been so exciting to do that. I can't wait to run my first 5k. I'm so proud of you! What an inspiration and what a great cause! Good job! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!