High calorie ideas with low fat and low carbs?

Options
I am trying to change up my diet. I am not losing anymore.
My goal is 40% carbs (life coach says I need to stay 100-150g to lose weight), 40% protein and 20% fat.
My problem is I can't seem to get my calories as high as I need them. I can only get just over 1200/day.
I can't stand protein shakes so I am trying to incorporate different things to change it up so I can swallow it. I have tried all different kinds/different ways, nothing tastes well enough to choke down.
Please look at my diet plan for this week (I have it planned Monday until Thurs) just pretend not to see any meals before that...lol.
I am worried because I tried to go with a 1200 cal diet one week (I was also doing 60mins of cardio a day). I lost nothing and was such a B****! My coworkers did not like me that week...shoot I didn't like me that week!

I am 5"6'
243# (goal <150 then focus more on strength training/toning)
I am a nurse so I am moderately busy throughout the day.
I do Zumba 60mins 2x/wk mod/high intensity
I also keep active over the weekend.
I am going to start strength training this week (2-3 times a week)

Please help me with meal/snack ideas or any other serious advise. Thanks! I just want to lose it the right way!

Replies

• ultraplop
    ultraplop Posts: 30
    Options
    So you are saying, you have a tough time eating all that protein? I would say switch to half pound meat patties and just eat more meat in general, but if you have a tough time maybe add more variety. Maybe try mixing it up with different kinds of meat like shrimp (getting cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce is an easy snack), salmon, tilapia, lamb, goat, or go with some non meats like edamame or tofu.
  • vthetigercat
    Options
    I have my goals set to 40 40 20 as well! :) I haven't been as tight with my diet this past week, but if you want to thumb through mine, you're more than welcome. I eat buttloads of food and still lose, so don't let the high calorie count scare you away.

And don't even bother looking at Saturday (yesterday), it was my cheat day plus a MAJOR workout day.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    BACON!!! or cheese, but seriously, if you can eat it, BACON!!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic?
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The title doesn't make sense... There are 3 main macro nutrients, protein, carbs, fat....

low carb, and low fat, just gives you protein...

you're looking for a high calorie protein pretty much. Protein is pretty constant gram for gram.

This. You can't eliminate too much unless you want just protein. The only other option is booze, it's 7 cal per gram, a cople of shtetl can be pretty dense ;)