NSV- 1st 5k!

Options
andrea464
andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
It was a very slow 5k, but I did it!
I've wanted to do one for years but have never gotten around to doing it. I'd start training and stop within a week or two. I finally just went for it- registered Wednesday, picked up packet and shirt on Friday. The race was a twilight race Saturday evening, starting at 7:30. BEAUTIFUL day, flat road course.
Time: 54:13 by chip. It was mostly walking. I ran off and on for the first mile, passing a few people but after some water at the first mile I got some wicked nausea. I had to walk the rest of the time- as soon as I'd start to run my stomach was like "HAHA- NO". LOL I was so afraid I was going to yack in someones yard!
I did run the last little bit to cross the finish line! I was terrified I was going to be last, but I wasn't!
I'm a little sore today, but that's expected. My abs hurt, which I wasn't expecting but I can see how they would.

Now I'm starting to think about the next race. It's June 30th, bright and early in the morning. I think I'm going to do it! I want to get my time down to 48 minutes or less, and considering I have 6 weeks to prepare I think that's a reasonable time.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!