Bit of advise re calories

Options
hi there, I'm unsure what I should really have my settings set to?!

I'm a full time mum, busy with a 2 and a half year old so generally doing something with him most days, I walk our dogs again most days for around 90mins and I do aerial fitness 3 days a week for around 90mins so what I want to know is that:

Do I set activity level to sedentary and log all exercise?
Or
If I set to lightly active do I not log all the exercise I do ?
Or
Should I have it set to lightly active and still log all exercise?

I'm 29 118 lb 5'3" bf 20.5% and not really wanting to loose just maintain , def don't want to gain tho.

Don't really know some advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Mums have a hard time being sedentary! I would set your activity level at "lightly active" to cover all the day to day stuff you do around the house and then add in (and eat) the extra calories burn from exercise.

Alternatively, you could choose a higher activity level (active, for example) and not log (or eat) any exercise at all.

It doesn't really matter which one you choose - they are all estimates anyway, you just have to pick one method, go with it and see how your body responds after a month or so.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If you aren't really wanting to lose any more weight then maybe now is the time to work on re-learning to listen to and respond to your body's signals. If you keep to appropriate portion sizes, eat when hungry, keep hydrated, and don't overexercise then you should be able to now maintain your weight without having to log everything (exercise or calories). Or if you aren't yet ready to release control of calorie counting, find out your TDEE and eat that. You'll have to ignore MFP's numbers, but it will be much more accurate.
  • kristineevans
    kristineevans Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you yes lightly active gives me a realistic amount of cals and will add exercise and try to eat those cals back thanks for your input, def not ready to let go as after years of ed's this is the closest I've come to eating 'normally' I have ever been, other than being pregnant anywa