Need a strength training routine

Options
Hello all,

I am really trying to find a good strength training routine to tone and slim up. I have been hitting the cardio pretty hard, but I lack a really good strength training routine. I am not the type of person who can just go into the weight room and know what to do- I need an actual routine to follow for a while, then i'll switch it up. I think the reason i have plateued is because I am not really incorporating weights into my routine as much as i need to. I have been doing all sorts of online research to find a good routine for women, but alas, i cannot find anything really structured. Does anyone know of any good sites I can look at, or have a good routine they could let me see? I would really appreciate it, thanks!!

Replies

• shellybelly83
    Options
    P90X
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    the firm:bigsmile:
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    P90X

I have P90X, and I love it, but I need something I can do at the gym, because I am leaving for a training school, and will not have access to a TV and DVD player for the next ten weeks, but I will have the gym on base.
  • vctkell
    vctkell Posts: 41
    Options
    Turnstep.com on this website there is all kinds of routeins from cardio, spin to body sculpt.
    I use it all the time, looking for new stuff to add to my classes step and body sculpt. On this web site
    when you find somthing you would like to try just print it off and take it with you.
    Enjoy !:glasses:
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    Turnstep.com on this website there is all kinds of routeins from cardio, spin to body sculpt.
    I use it all the time, looking for new stuff to add to my classes step and body sculpt. On this web site
    when you find somthing you would like to try just print it off and take it with you.
    Enjoy !:glasses:

Thanks a bunch! I will check this out right away! :bigsmile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can do the P90x resistance training in a gym, I do it 3 days a week at a gym. Just write down a description of the exercises and bring your sheets with you.

If you are doing p90x cardio, I understand as there are very few resistance workouts. I do the classic version but do my own cardio routines.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I'll be watching this thread too. I don't have a gym membership, I have a dumbells at home that has 2, 5, and 10lb dumbells. What to do with them is a whole 'nother story :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am kinda new but here is a really good flexible idea...I subscribe to Self magazine and every month they have a rip-out section with strength exercises. I do them with 2 minutes of cardio between each exercise. It's easy to squeeze in a few if you can do the whole thing. They also demonstrate the exercised on their website. Hope this helps, Kim