A fresh week - advice on calories

Options
Soooooo

I had a blow out week last week! I had my anniversary dinner with the boyfriend, went to a Greek food festival and generally ate what I felt like, when I felt like it. And it's getting cold in my part of the world (Australia) and that makes me want to hibernate - with food :laugh:

This week, I'm starting fresh again so I'm asking for advice....

For this week, should I just eat at my normal calories (1430 - my BMR) and NOT eat my exercise calories back? Or should I eat at my BMR and still eat my exercise calories back?

I've been on here for 100 days and until last week have been really good with my calories and generally eat my exercise calories back. I weigh all my food so it's pretty accurate.

Would appreciate advice from MFPers!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    No yo-yoing! It's a marathon, not a sprint. Just get back on track and eat what MFP recommends. Starving yourself will only result in overeating later :)
  • mandymccoll
    mandymccoll Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been in the exact same position, you think that if I just exercise and don't use the calories then I'll be able to kick start myself. Not true, all that happens is you don't take in enough calories and then don't have any energy to exercise.

It's really important to eat your exercise calories and maintain your net calorie intake for the day.

You know that what you were doing was working so why change it........slow and steady wins the day.

Good luck,
    Mandy
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options

Although I don't eat what MFP recommends - no way could I survive on 1200 calories! I eat at my BMR

I know some people eat at a deficit for the week and then eat in excess of their daily calories on one massive blow out day, so I guess I was using that concept in reverse!

Appreciate the advice! :smile:
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I would just get back on track with healthy eating and portion control, eat your BMR and never below. You could exercise a bit more and definitely add more water to help flush out sodium that you likely had too much of last week.