Eating breakfast before a weigh-in

Options
I heard in TOPS that you should have breakfast or whatever meal before you weigh-in. That way your body lets go of the calories that it was storing the nigh before or hours before. Before TOPS on Friday Morning I drink Instant Breakfast Drink and I do a good job of losing weigh. What do you guys say?

Replies

• Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wake up and do my morning routine then weigh in. I think if you eat a different amount of breakfast in the AM, that would affect your weights. I don't think your body can just let go of calories and change your weight that quickly. 3500 calories makes about a pound and I don't see how your body can use them that quickly. (And your food adds weight in your stomach) But the important part is just weighing in at the same time of day.
  • dodgersprincess
    Options
    The thing is if the meeting is at 5 Pm (not my chapter, but some TOPS or Weight Watcher's Groups do have evening meetings), some members would starve all day until the Weigh-in. Lucky me, my meeting is in the morning. Our weight recorder gets onto us for not eating breakfast.
    For the record I am all for eating before a meeting Weigh-in.
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh i didn't realize tops was a group. That drfenitely makes sense to eat. It's always better to be healthy than get a smaller number on the scale. When I was in the army some people would be so concerned with the weigh ins that they wouldn't eat the night before even. Some of them had to go to the ER from running out of fuel during the running event. In all honesty, you'll be lighter if you don't eat a whole day before. But it won't be an accurate wieght. Its just like dehydrating yourself. As soon as you eat/drink the number will drastically change
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This might sound bad but I can eat and drink half a kilo for breakfast before even starting on water. I think that if it works for you then that's cool but for some it wouldn't be as effective.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I eat basically the same thing every morning...then several times a week I go weigh in, then work out. I feel like it is fairly accurate this way.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Long as you are consistent in your weigh-in procedures, it doesn't matter. Besides, the week to week numbers in and of themselves are pretty meaningless. It's the trend over the long haul that matters.