'Bra' fat!

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkRainToday
    Options
    I work in a lingerie department. Off glance, the backstrap is too high.This suggests that your shoulder straps are more tight than necessary, and that the clasp on the back needs to be looser. Or you could be a band size larger than that employee fit you for. Regardless, that's all it seems to be. Could be the brand as well.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Your bra is not the right size. A wider band will help as well.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I work in a lingerie department. Off glance, the backstrap is too high.This suggests that your shoulder straps are more tight than necessary, and that the clasp on the back needs to be looser. Or you could be a band size larger than that employee fit you for. Regardless, that's all it seems to be. Could be the brand as well.

While I'm sure there are ways to reduce the bulge through exercise (some great examples on here), I do think it looks as if your bra is too tight.

I agree with this comment above. I used to be a fashion buyer working in lingerie and it's really important that you let the band around your chest act as the main support, rather than the straps. If the band is the right fit and the cups are the right size, then the shoulder straps should only be there as an extra bit of support (think of the way a strapless bra works without straps).

The band should be snug, but not tight, and certainly not leave any marks when you take it off. A wider band around the chest really helps support (I go for lacy ones so they don't look frumpy!) and you should always pick a band that is comfortable on the biggest setting (the set of hooks at the end of the band).

Most important rule when it comes to bra fitting is that while you should let the tape measure give you a rough idea of your size, trying on bras of different sizes is the only way to get a good fit. The tape measure won't show, for example, if you have a narrow back, wide shoulders etc. Different brands also have different fits. I am anything from a 34D to a 36C to a 38C depending on which brand and style I buy.

Don't be afraid to pick up lots of different sizes and styles in a shop and try them all on till you find your perfect match.

My perfect match is a Marks and Spencer 38C balconette style as it gives me a great shape, a fantastic cleavage, doesn't dig in to create rolls of fat at the side and is really comfortable. And now that I know that, they are the only ones I buy (in every colour, fabric and type of lace, of course!).
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I call them back-hamsters! Yeah I'd agree with the other posters that you're not carrying much fat at all, you just need a better fit. Getting properly fitted at a department store completely changed the way I look and hold myself! I lot of stuff I thought was escaping fat was actually boobage that I could scoop into the right size and shape of bra!
  • fordgal41
    fordgal41 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lat Pull downs work well, if you go to a gym. The dreaded push up is awesome for toning the back and arms. Tricep dips on a table or window ledge with your feet on the floor works the tris and back also.

BTW - you look awesome, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)