sagging butt

Options
Hi I'm looking for some suggestions of exercises to do to lift my droopy butt cheeks, I am loseing my weight in my buutt and thighs, yes I know that isn't awful just don't like the sag. I do have a bad knee bone on bone, working towards knee replacement, I also have collapsed disc in the lumbar area of my back so I need protect against further injuries, Thank you for your advice.

Replies

• smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    help please
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. Let me know if anyone comes up with anything!
  • smilingalltheway
    Options
    bump
  • lilmonita
    lilmonita Posts: 31
    Options
    Try working with resistance bands instead of weights. You can do "donkey kickbacks" with the resistance band instead of killing your knees with squats and lunges. Bear in mind, it will take a longer time to see results than it would someone who physically has the capability to do walking lunges, squats, 200 lbs on the leg press, etc. But, I firmly believe this will be a good alternative for you...and firmy believe it will help FIRM that toosh :) Good luck.

Here is a decent link to that glute kickback. http://youtu.be/rTlzAZiROmo
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heavy strength training worked for me, but you'll need to check with your doctor about what you can do with your knees and back. Starting low with weights *might* strengthen your muscles and help with the other issues, but I'm no medical professional.
  • lilmonita
    lilmonita Posts: 31
    Options
    Keep this in mind: your knee is the most vulnerable joint in the body...because it is bones MEETING--not just solid bone. The way the ligaments, tendons, and muscles wrap around is very fragile. Depending on what is wrong with your knee (I'm assuming the patella is either rubbing or off center with the v-notch, which is what "bone on bone" usually is), will strongly influence how to attack making it stronger.
  • smilingalltheway
    Options
    I need a knee replacement ,but the doctor wants me to lose weight before surgery and I'm ok with that if I will have a better outcome. I know when I saw the x-rays, on the inside of the of my knee the thigh bone was resting on the lower leg bone. I do workout 5 times weekly at least 3 times doing strength training the muscles in the good leg are pretty strong the bad leg is weaker. I don't mind working through the pain (it's going to hurt anyway) I just don't want to lose all my strength while I wait, I also don't want my *kitten* dropping to low