Ready to give this a go!

Options
Hi, I'm Bre. 27, Australian, allergic to exercise and work, alas, I end up doing both ;)

Well mainly work. Exercise is something I'm trying out to see how it fits.

I'm a member of a gym (I won't tell you how long I was a member for prior to me actually going on a semi-regular basis!) and have been trying to get more active. I've always hated exercise, so I'm trying to find some fun in classes and doing some light strength training while I'm at it - which I kind of like, now my muscles have stopped complaining about being used so much. The equipment at the gym is rather pink, so that probably helps (I like bright shiny things).

My weight has never really bothered me until the past year or so. I was put on a steroid based medication for a (non-ulcerative, rather mild) form of colitis I have, and my weight has risen about 10kg in that time. Not something I'm happy about, but now I'm being weaned off the medication I thought it was time to get moving and improve my general health and well being.

I do eat when I shouldn't (bored, watching tv, emotional eater) but when I have proper meals (I don't do breakfast, I should probably do something about that) I have small portions. I graze during the day, and being on a gluten free diet has been both a blessing and a curse (I miss bread) though I feel rather restricted in what I can eat, so have been eating a lot of veggies and fruit.

Overall I'm aiming to lose 15kg. Fingers crossed!

I would love to have some support along the way, we can reach our goals together!

Replies

• Ihatecomicsans
    Options
    Hiya! Good luck to you - I am totally in the same head space when it comes to exercise - I am a member of a gym and have to force myself to go - I seem to go through phases of going regularly, becoming quite fit and a lot slimmer/toned then suddenly stop and blimp again. I just find it so difficult to make myself go!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the US, but am on a gluten free diet as well. Eating breakfast is a huge thing and super important. If you're not a big breakfast eater, then try doing a protein shake. Feel free to friend me. I'll do my best to support you and give you ideas, whatever you need. :)
  • wattleneurotic
    Options
    I find the gym really hard, I just have to psych myself up. I was going to go today, but didn't for various reasons. So now I am aiming to go tomorrow!

Gluten free is a pain. I went from baking bread often to wishing I was baking bread instead. I can't quite get used to the taste of gluten free things, but I have finally found a brand I like rather a lot, so that's a bonus :)
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    I use Namaste Perfect Flour Blend for all my baking. It's really good. It's not heavy or anything (and already has the xantham gum in it). I am a mom of 3, and all of us are on the gf diet. it is a pain, but I am mastering it! :) Putting a workout in your schedule helps. I just try to make it part of my day.