are curves in?

Options
2»

Replies

• mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Different people are attracted to different sizes. I am a size 7/8 and would consider myself hourglass for sure... my biggest thing is getting to be a firmer hourglss ;) lol
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Is a size 14-16 hourglass figure considered unattractive or are curves considered beautiful?

The bottom line is going to be this: Who really cares what any of us really has to say. We're not even 1% of the overall demographic that can say what is and what isn't beautiful.

Only you can and if that isn't good enough...ask your husband. Those are the only opinions that really matter. This question has been asked sooo many times. Do you really need MFPers to validate anything you want to believe or aren't willing to believe?

Yes, it's a bit rough...but, look at the pictures that you have for your profile...if you and your husband don't think you are beautiful...
    think about it, hon!
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't mean bigger, I meant curvy as in a body type with big boobs and hips and an actual waistline

To me curvy =/= bigger
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Personally - that is not my ideal. Not to say that other people don't dig it though.

I have an opinion though that most people who advocate the bigger girl are doing it because they think it makes them sound like cooler people, and if you gave them an actual real life choice would choose the model every time.

I disagree. This would be true in many cases, but there still are a good number of males that prefer thicker women.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have certain preferences on how I like a woman to look, but sometimes there is a woman who doesnt meet those 'specifications', and I still find attractive. Confidence, and even more importantly care, with you body is essential. If you work to make yourself look good, you'll look 10000x better than if you just fall into laziness.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'd just have to ask if they are legitimately hourglass or are just saying that because they're a larger size. I know a lot of people think they're "curvy" until they lose the weight and realise they just had some extra fat on their hips.

All body types are in. You know why? Because everyone likes a different kind of body. One person may like their girls curvy and another may prefer a more "ruler" shaped person. Be comfortable with your own body type.

If there's one fad you shouldn't follow, it's trying to fit a body type. Because it's unrealistic to want to change your body type for the kind of clothing that is trendy at the moment.

So well said!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've been with super slim/fit girls, curvy but skinny girls, and curvy girls with a bit of meat on them...will take the latter. Girlfriend has hips that absolutely kill me, can't live without em.

I'm a fan of the old school pinup girl style (Page, Monroe, Taylor etc) Pretty much Christina Hendricks body type more or less (though not necessarily ginger).

Would destroy.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    A true hourglass figure is when the bust (the fullest part) and the hips are the same size and the waist is 10" or more less.

So a figure of 38-28-38 or 36-25-36 or 42-31-42 - all these are hourglass figures because of the measurements.

Just being big does not always equate to an hourglass job.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    curves rock!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Is a size 14-16 hourglass figure considered unattractive or are curves considered beautiful?
    If that's your figure, then you can't really change it, so why worry so much about how others view it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think it depends how you look in a bikini personally. Plus from a health stand point my dr told me diabetes risks increase by 80% after 150lbs for my height. At 150 I was a size 8 I believe. I'm 5'3 btw
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about what's 'in' but about what's healthy and what is a comfortable weight for you.

Personally, I'm not an hourglass but a 'pear' - 37-28-41.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to point out that you can have curves and an hourglass figure at many different sizes. I'm 5'1" 114lbs, and consider myself curvy and thicker. I've got boobs, a butt, and thighs- but I think it's all about how you carry it and your confidence. I use to be more like 108lbs, which, personally I feel more comfortable at, and is what I'm working towards! So, I don't think there should be any bashing of "bigger" curvy girls, or of "thinner" curvy girls! You can still be petite and curvy!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to point out that you can have curves and an hourglass figure at many different sizes. I'm 5'1" 114lbs, and consider myself curvy and thicker. I've got boobs, a butt, and thighs- but I think it's all about how you carry it and your confidence. I use to be more like 108lbs, which, personally I feel more comfortable at, and is what I'm working towards! So, I don't think there should be any bashing of "bigger" curvy girls, or of "thinner" curvy girls! You can still be petite and curvy!

No one's bashing, just pointing out that "curvy" and "overweight" are not the same thing.