Low Calorie Slow Cooker Meals for a Budget!

Options
2»

Replies

• Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    Lovin' the yummy recipes here!!
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    sounds like some great ideas, if no one minds I'm just gonna bump to use a few in the future :)
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Taco Chicken Bowls:

These are delicious! And I love this website for eating healthy on a budget.

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/07/taco-chicken-bowls-1066-recipe-133.html
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i am trying that pork with basmati rice soon! sounds great
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com and look for crock pot Santa Fe Chicken. I have made it several times and the whole family loved it!
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Actually one of my favorites is extra lean turkey tenderloin and use green salsa with it. I then in a separate skillet take just a DROP of olive oil and sautee onions and peppers with garlic pepper. Shred the turkey and serve in whole wheat tortillas with the peppers and onions!
  • jencornelius
    Options
    I do the chicken breast and salsa in crock pot too, but I add a bag of frozen corn and a can of black beans (rinsed and drained). Cook on low 4-6 hrs. I usually throw my chicken in frozen. Shred chicken and it's good alone, over rice or as tacos. Would probably be good on a salad too.
  • bren998
    bren998 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Lasagna

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 medium garlic clove, minced
    28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
    15 oz canned tomato sauce
    1 tsp table salt
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded/divided
    6 dry lasagna noodles, no-cook
    1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, strong flavored lie romano or parmigiano reggiano

heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring freguently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, ,tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes, simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella. Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into 5-quart cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top woth half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer.Cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired. Sprinkle remaing cheese over beef cover & set aside until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone. I love cooking with the crockpot, so much I have 2! So keep sharing.