scales or no scales

Options
ok so 2 years ago i was a size 16 weighing in at 13 stone, today am a size 10 and weigh differently on scales i know your only ment to use one scales but i need to know which ones i should use or if i should just bin both one says am 143lbs which is digital scales which is ment to be more acurate or the other which is normal arrorow ones says am under 10 stone 9.10 so i dunno??

Replies

• Stallion_Duck007
    Options
    I would use a digital one, they are more accurate. And it's kind of motivating to see 145.9 lbs at the beginning of the day and 145.1lbs at the end, y'know?

Good luck!
    xoxo
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Scales are a guide. Your best assessment is your mirror and your clothes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Every time I use scales I'm tempted to skip meals to lower the number. That's why when the batteries ran out I didn't replace them. Shape is more important than weight.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii. My bathroom scale hasn't made up it's mind at this point.
  • Nevi83
    Nevi83 Posts: 16
    Options
    I argued with my scale all the time. I was obsessed with daily weight loss but a friend helped me realize that I was hurting my progress more than I was helping it. It would send me into depressive binges because I went up a pound or two in a day. A DAY! But your weight changes due to water weight and what your body has in it all day. I remember hearing you can go up/down 5 pounds in a day just by what you eat and what's in your stomach at the time.

He suggested weighing myself less. Have a longer period of time between weigh ins because that would give you a better assessment if you want to go off the scale alone.

That said the old saying of 'jeans never lie' is good to go by. They tell you bluntly if you are slimming down.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    scales depress the life out of me, i've started a new regime where i will not weigh myself until i 'think' ive lost 7lb. when I do eventually get there and weigh myself, if i've lost more, then great, if not, then I need better judgement, (and hopefully wont be too far off)

The weird thing is, I want to work harder, and not using scales is taking the stress and self hate out of the day..winner :)