Weekly Weigh-in: October 29-November 4

Options
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the forum and got an idea from cmriverside's post about being held accountable. I thought it would be nice if we all posted our weekly progress i.e. I lost 1 lb this week or gained 2 lbs or if you prefer keeping track with measurements you can post your measurements. It's just to keep people up to date on how we are doing whether it is bad or good news. I usually weigh myself every week on Monday mornings . So I'm going to try to create a thread Monday mornings, every week, Alaska time, so people can post their progress. It will always have the week that we weigh-in/measure in the subject. If you are having a tough time post because that's when people need the most support.

I'll start off:

I'm 5' 0" and starting this week @ 136.6lbs. I haven't lost or gained yet because I just started.
I'm feeling good so far.

Replies

• Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the forum and got an idea from cmriverside's post about being held accountable. I thought it would be nice if we all posted our weekly progress i.e. I lost 1 lb this week or gained 2 lbs or if you prefer keeping track with measurements you can post your measurements. It's just to keep people up to date on how we are doing whether it is bad or good news. I usually weigh myself every week on Monday mornings . So I'm going to try to create a thread Monday mornings, every week, Alaska time, so people can post their progress. It will always have the week that we weigh-in/measure in the subject. If you are having a tough time post because that's when people need the most support.

I'll start off:

I'm 5' 0" and starting this week @ 136.6lbs. I haven't lost or gained yet because I just started.
    I'm feeling good so far.
  • zaracooper
    Options
    hi there i started 24/10 weight 210lb
    31/10 weight 207.4lb
    im so happy
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    Alaskanhiker,

How does this differ from the other post...? I'm confused. I'm going to stick to my original forum topic.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Motivation and Support>Post weight losses. Hold me accountable (Thanks!)
    ~~~~~~~~~

cmriverside.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    cmriverside - *I* think it's cleaner and easier to follow a weekly check in post rather than just adding and adding and adding on to one... just my personal feeling. I don't think there is anything wrong with Alaskanhiker starting this... Then again, for those that would just like to continue adding on to your original posting I think that's great for those people as well. Either way, they both offer the same motivational support in a slightly different format that we are all here for.

Anyway, my weigh in day is tomorrow so I'll check in here with my weight then!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Alaskanhiker~
    I think it's a good idea that you started a weekly weigh-in topic. Okay...so here's my weigh-in info...However, I won't be able to post another weigh-in until November 19-November 25.

10/22 - 198 lbs
    10/30- 192 lbs
    11/5 thru 11/21 - ????

I will let ya know when I finally weigh myself again on 11/22. I want to lose 10 lbs by then...I REALLY hope I do!

Naj:flowerforyou:
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Cheryl,

Check out my explanation in the website suggestion forum. I'm sorry if I'm stepping on your toes. I think Niccole explained things better then I could. I just thought this would be an expansion of your already great idea.
  • highway48
    Options
    10-24 - 227
    10-31 - 226

baby steps i guess
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Zara cooper: Congrats on losing what looks to be 3 lbs or more. Isn't it exciting when you see big loses like that!

Naj: Wow, 6 lbs, that's an awesome loss. Keep up the good work, even when your going to be gone from the forum!

Highway 48: Just think you are 1 pound closer to a smaller you! 1 pound isn't anything to sneeze at. That's a nice, and healthy, way to lose weight.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Oct 14 - 210
    Oct. 31 - 198
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Cheryl,

Check out my explanation in the website suggestion forum. I'm sorry if I'm stepping on your toes. I think Niccole explained things better then I could. I just thought this would be an expansion of your already great idea.

Alaskanhiker,

I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything negative...if I came off that way....I didn't mean to. (maybe I should go to bed at 1:42 AM instead of trying to post messages!!! That is when I was online when I posted that reply to you..)

I get it now - - it is a WEEKLY check-in. That is what I intended my thread to be also. I post on there once a week on Sunday.

Your post will be new each week with the date on the message thread topic. Very good idea! I'm in!

~Cheryl
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Cheryl,

Cool! No need to apologize. I think sometimes it's hard to know peoples intentions when we are writing down our thoughts. They say that body language is 3/4's of our spoken communication. I didn't think you meant much by it. But thought I'd cover my bases anyway ;)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :happy: Thanks, Alaska.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Okay, here are my stats...

Start - 9/14/07 - 194
    Last Week 10/26/07 - 177
    This Week - 11/2/07 - 176.5
    Total loss so far... 17.5

Only lost 1/2 a pound this week. :cry: I was REALLY hoping to be at 174.5 this week as that is my 10% weight loss. Well, I'll just keep on trucking on and hope to be there next week. No retreats or parties with lots of junk food OR Margaritas this week for me! :ohwell:

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Redalee: That's 12 pounds in 17 days! You're going strong. Keep up the good work and momentum.

Niccole: 1/2 lb loss is still a loss. This should give you the motivation to be strict this week so that we can all see you hit that 10% mark soon :smile: Keep up the momentum. Ahh, Margaritas...that's one of the things that I decided to abstain from, alcohol. There are just so many wasted calories in that stuff.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Started MFP Aug 22, 2007 @ 195 lbs (5’9”)
    (Goal loss 37 lbs)

I'm posting on Sundays

Start week 0/ Aug 22 __195 lbs
    Week 4 / Sept 22 _____186.5 = 8.5 lbs loss (in first four weeks)
    Week 5 / Sept 29 _____183.5 = 3 lbs loss______11.5 total loss
    Week 6 / Oct 7 _______181.0 = 2.5 lbs loss_____14.0 total loss
    Week 7 / Oct 14 ______178.5 = 2.5 lbs loss_____16.5 total loss
    Week 8 / Oct 21 ______182.0 = 3.5 lbs gain_____13 total loss
    Week 9 / Oct 27 ______178.6 = 3.4 lbs loss_____16.4 total loss
    Week 10 / Nov 4______177.25 = 1.35 lbs loss___17.75 total loss

No retreats or parties with lots of junk food OR Margaritas this week for me! :ohwell:

Niccole

Nic,
    On the subject of MARGARITAS. They are more than 500 calories each. :grumble: AND my personal favorites. When I first started MFP I had some tequila to "get rid of" and I came up with a pretty good recipe. Just use fresh limes (juiced), Splenda, Orange extract (instead of Triple Sec or Grand Marnier), and top with soda. Unfortunately a Margarita to me is a 20 oz drink.....so I was using 2 shots (3 oz) tequila per drink - at 65 calories per oz (Calorie King.com). But one is enough, so only 195 calories. As a once in a while treat.......:drinker:

cm
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    500 calories in a margarita?
    oh, bummer.
    extreme bummer.
    :sad:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I turtled this week. For those who don’t know a turtle is when you weight the same as you did the week before. So color me green this week.
    October 26 ~ 146.6
    November 2 ~ 146.6
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thats cute loretta.

This is the second time since I began that I have not lost something. For those who don't know me. I began at 280 in August. I am now down at 250. I have a long way to go. I have lost some inches but this week was just not an easy one.

I have begun to exercise again though and am very happy with my progress right now. I need to refocus to for the next week though.

Eve (Guess I am a turtle too hehehehe)
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea for weekly accountability. I'm in. Although I only started last Friday so I have my starting weight and that's it. I thought of checking my weight on Fridays because that is the night that we tend to go out for dinner/drinks. I figure if I am happy with the results it will motivate me to eat/drink less that night, and if I'm not happy with the results I will also be motivated. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, here it is:

11/2 - 180 lbs

liz