Favourite comfort food.............

Options
dollaqie
dollaqie Posts: 74 Member
What is your favourite comfort food when you absolutely can't cope and just need to have a small little piece to feel better, mine would definately be PIzza.....................?

Replies

• samandlucysmum
    Options
    Sweets, cheese, or a peanut butter sandwich!! Cravings getting fewer now, managing to work in some nice treats to my eating plan instead.
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    Crisps and cheese!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    A hunk of cheese and red wine
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!!! with a little fruit or coconut/hazelnut milk for sweetness. Its all warm and comforting :happy:
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Mine is crisps. So I've taken the liberty to only buy crisps that are low in fat, cuz I know if I ever feel down and want some, I don't feel so guilty.
  • CUT3ANDS3XIAN0R3X1
    Options
    Sometimes I'll take a big spoon and dip it in peanut butter...lol and just sit there and lick it.
    My downfall is hershey's with almonds. Yum yum yum. There's always a spot in my heart reserved for chocolate.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Something like eggs and beans on toast (but I avoid bread these days so it has not happened in sometime)
    or ice cream.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, Ice Cream or Fro-Yo, and Fried Cheese Curds.
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    choclate! :tongue:
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pizza of course!!!!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If I'm sick.. or nauseated .. the only thing I can stomach is Fried chicken nuggets/strips and/or chili cheese fries
    Total comfort food for me.

In St. Lucia I was sick a lot. Whether it be from the plane, helicoptor, boat.. or just too much wine.. I was SO thankful the resort had a place that served "American" food where I could get cheese fries. And when I was pregnant.. these were life savers for me on days when I was too sick to eat.

However, I can't even remember the last time I had chili cheese fries...
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    Ice cream or little debbies!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't really look to food for comfort, but homemade soup always gives me a warm and comforting feeling.

A big bowl of pinto beans and cornbread brings back happy childhood memories. That was probably my favorite meal when I was a kid.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Mine is crisps. So I've taken the liberty to only buy crisps that are low in fat, cuz I know if I ever feel down and want some, I don't feel so guilty.

What is a "Crisp" ?
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    an atkin's endulge bar! It use to be little Debbies zebra cakes (I was addicted to them but don't allow them in the house at all anymore)!
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Crisps like erm Walkers Crisps, but I think in America you call them chips? But chips over here are known as fries over there.. Very Confusing..
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    tater tot hotdish (I am from MN)
  • kindkitty007
    kindkitty007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Reese peanut butter cups or ice cream!

Oh and peanut butter with honey on toast or peanut butter mixed with icing sugar!! Mmmmm delicious
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Reese peanut butter cups or ice cream!

Oh and peanut butter with honey on toast or peanut butter mixed with icing sugar!! Mmmmm delicious

I'm assuming you love a bit of peanut butter? Haha.