belly flab

Options
hey all, i currently am trying to find a way to lose some of my belly flab and tone it up...it is shrinking with all my cardio ive been doing but i want to tone it and make it hard not flabby....what are some exercises i can do at home to help with this?? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce or tone. You can add a strength routine to help you reduce bodyfat over all and preserve the lean body mass that you currently have. Since you have a child, some of it may be excess skin. Most of all just be patient with what you're doing.
  • Tracy112
    Tracy112 Posts: 3
    Options
    A difficult Pilates class will help, since it focuses on your core. I've never done a Pilates reformer class, but I hear they're even better than mat Pilates.

I do a Les Mills class called CXWorks, so if you have a gym that does Les Mills (usually BodyPump) and doesn't offer CXWorks, you can always ask them to consider bringing it in.

Tracy
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can't spot reduce. But you can strengthen your core, so your abs will look awesome once you lose more body fat. I would do full body exercises that engage your core (push ups, planks, squats, burpees, etc), and add weights whenever possible (with squats, deadlifts, etc). Yoga and pilates are also very good for your core.