New to MFP, and excited.

Options
Hello!

My name is Hanne, and I'm 22, going to be 23 on Thursday!

I currently weight 101kg and my heaviest, and while I'm mostly happy with that, I will occasionally look at myself and dislike what I see, and because of that I want to lose a bit of weight. It'll make things easier, I think. Life in general, as well as finding clothes and meeting new people, maybe even easier to get a job.

My current goal is 85kg, by the end of the year, though after that, if I manage it, and can maintain it, I might lower it further. I want to get into a normal BMI, but I know that short term goals are just as important as long term ones. Which is why my current STG is 95kg by July 1st. (I would like 90kg, but I don't wan to set the bar too high and end up disappointed)

For exercise I vary between riding a stationary bike, riding a regular bike, and various Wii activities like jogging in place, free step, various muscle and yoga work outs. I am also goign to try to do at least 50 crunches pr day. It's hard, but I'm dedicated.

I would love friends who are there to support me, because when I have bad days I often feel like giving up, and it would be good to have a support system. And I love hearing other peoples stories. It's so motivating.

The biggest problem I have is that I overeat, eat emotionally, and eat because I'm bored. I need to stop that, and stop snacking, but it's hard, and I would love tips for how to stop.

Replies

• hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    :c
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Hanne and welcome! You're right this site does help and is very motivating. Good luck on your journey and "Break A Limit". Don't let anything hold you back!! We're here if you need us. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!!!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi Hanna, you've come to the right place! I didn't think I would ever lose the weight,
    but just being on MFP for a short time have lost 8 lbs already. If you want some help
    with exercising, drinking extra water, etc. you should join one of the challenges. This
    months exercise challenge has made me work out at times when I would have just
    taken the day off. Lots of support. Please add me as a friend. I am excited for you,
    we can do it!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I am here for support - I have lost 47 pounds
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This site seems wonderful for motivation. Seeing other people's tickers going down is great for motivation. If I can dream it, I can do it!

When do people normally do their weigh in? Weekly, or daily?
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This site seems wonderful for motivation. Seeing other people's tickers going down is great for motivation. If I can dream it, I can do it!

When do people normally do their weigh in? Weekly, or daily?

There's no assigned weigh in day. I do mine weekly. I am in the 100 lbs to lose group and they all report on Fridays. I do love the accountability. It really helps when you have a group that's behind you!!!
  • abb_forever
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I have lost 13-something pounds since I have started using this tool. Honestly it's not the only thing that I use, since I am at my fattest point that I have ever been and really am not pulling any punches!

Other tools I use are:

Dr. Daniel Amen's book Change Your Brain, Change Your Body
    Weight Watchers
    biking at least 10 miles / 3x per week (try to do every day but family obligations interfere)

I haven't really leaned on the community much here, but there seem to be a lot of super supportive people. Anyway, welcome to the group!

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Funny - I see a sketchers ad on here for the shoes with the curved bottoms. I bought those shoes a while back and they did nothing for me. I hear there is a lawsuit now over them....odd that they are still advertising them!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Everyone has bad days but with the proper discipline and effort rebounding is easy as cake.