Upped my Calories....now what?!?

Options
Ok, I upped my calorie intake from 1340 to 1610 about 2 weeks ago....for those of you that have done this before, how long before you saw results? I gained last week, and I think this is normal....but I want to know more about others experiences!! :)

Replies

• carolbaker000
    carolbaker000 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump.

Upped mine too with added exercise.
    Interested to read experiences on this.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I had been on 1200 calories for months because that's what MFP suggested. After not losing anything during that time plus getting headaches and feeling fatigued I changed my MFP settings and it upped me to 1530 calories. (btw I exercise 4 times a week for about an hour or so each time.) I immediately saw results. I have lost about 2 pounds a week since then and it's been about 3 weeks so far. Since my weight went down a little it changed my calories to 1510 and I'm still having good results. When I first upped my calories though I was expecting to see the scale go up before it went down so I wouldn't worry too much.

I never ever would have thought that I would have to eat more to lose weight, but it's working for me.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I would say it takes a good month (4 weeks) at least. Let your body adjust to the new intake and realize that you won't be cutting back down anytime soon.