I cut 200 calories off my favorite splurge.

Options
When I go grocery shopping for the week, I usually splurge with the rotisserie chicken salad from the deli. Its very creamy so I know its probably crazy high in calories. They don't give nutritional information (wonder why? :smile: )but since straight mayo would be 400 for half a cup I know I'm at least under that because I only eat a 1/2 cup and there is chicken, celery, and onion in it too. Anyway I usually eat it with 14 RF Triscuits which is like 260 calories on top of the calories from the chicken salad. I know, I know - I did say it was a SLURGE!:laugh: Well yesterday I ate it with baby carrots instead and didn't miss the Triscuits at all. 14 baby carrots was only like 40 calories, thus the subject line. May seem silly, but it made me really happy. So if you're ever in NC or TN make sure to stop at Ingles and pick up some rotisserie chicken salad and baby carrots (1 pound bags are on sale this week for $1.98 and BOGO. And no I don't work there, don't own stock there, am not getting paid to say this, just thought I'd pass my find on to what my husband calls "my little internet friends." See, you're doing great; he called you "little"!:laugh:

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    When I go grocery shopping for the week, I usually splurge with the rotisserie chicken salad from the deli. Its very creamy so I know its probably crazy high in calories. They don't give nutritional information (wonder why? :smile: )but since straight mayo would be 400 for half a cup I know I'm at least under that because I only eat a 1/2 cup and there is chicken, celery, and onion in it too. Anyway I usually eat it with 14 RF Triscuits which is like 260 calories on top of the calories from the chicken salad. I know, I know - I did say it was a SLURGE!:laugh: Well yesterday I ate it with baby carrots instead and didn't miss the Triscuits at all. 14 baby carrots was only like 40 calories, thus the subject line. May seem silly, but it made me really happy. So if you're ever in NC or TN make sure to stop at Ingles and pick up some rotisserie chicken salad and baby carrots (1 pound bags are on sale this week for $1.98 and BOGO. And no I don't work there, don't own stock there, am not getting paid to say this, just thought I'd pass my find on to what my husband calls "my little internet friends." See, you're doing great; he called you "little"!:laugh:
  • annielouise
    Options
    This is fantastic - 200 calories is a great save! I love when I can trim a few off. I've replaced mayo with a creamy tofu dressing that keeps that creamy texture in chicken or tuna salad. I don't have it here but look under recipes. I add dill or chives or whatever seems to work with what I'm serving. Cheers!:drinker:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    This is fantastic - 200 calories is a great save! I love when I can trim a few off. I've replaced mayo with a creamy tofu dressing that keeps that creamy texture in chicken or tuna salad. I don't have it here but look under recipes. I add dill or chives or whatever seems to work with what I'm serving. Cheers!:drinker:
    Yeah, there are some great recipes on here for "skinny" chicken salad that I make at home. I haven't tried tofu dressing though. Might try that sometime. Thanks.:flowerforyou: