insanity advice PLEASE (thinking of purchacing)

Options
hi all,
if you have done the dvd can you please tell me if its worth buying. im a highly motivated person and am now ready to tone up. is this the dvd set i need ??

http://www.rockstardvd.com/Insanity-is-Workout-a-60-day-total-body-DVD-Boxset-2801.html

please lt me know asap as id love to get started as ive seen some amazing results from these. also can you tell me how long one workout is? as id have to incopurate it in to my day

thanks in advance

Replies

• Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have it and only did 2 weeks until my shins started bothering me. Most likely because of my shoes and my form on some of the workouts. I stopped for a couple weeks to let my shins get better and I am actually starting it again today. I know I have only done 2 weeks of it but I have to say I LOVE it! It's definitely something I personally would be able to stick to till the end. I was sad when I stopped for my shins. But with new shoes and better form through the workouts I'm hoping to complete it this time. The first months workouts are usually between 40-50 minutes give or take. I'm not completely sure but I think the 2nd month is a bit longer. I would definitely recommend Insanity.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    thanks can you tell me were you got it from
  • Jessicasue82
    Options
    I am currently on Day 23 and I love it. I have had some great results with my measurements and definetly getting stronger. I rocked my 2nd fit test. Very proud of myself. I have P90X as well but this is my favorite. I like the intensity.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have completed two rounds and am going to start my 3rd. It is by far my favorite workout on dvd. Well worth the money. To be safe..if you buy it from beachbody.com you can return it for a full refund if you don't like it. Good Luck!
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of month 2. It's great, as long as you are motivated, as it's very tough.
    Definitely worth it though.

I'd recommend a HRM, and I use exercise mats as I don't like sweating on my floor, and boy do you sweat, so grab a towel too.
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    Insanity is basically insane.. the video is great and the workout concept works.. just didn't working great for me. I started at 213lbs, and i basically drilled into it. After week 2 i was having issues with my shins, and my ACL was acting up. I stopped using insanity and decided to use this MFP web tool. I watch my cal intake and do 20 min of jump rope, 15 min of punching bag, and then walk it out for 10 min. Been doing this workout for a week and lost 3lbs so far, and when i reach my goal of 180 i will be getting back on Insanity for the long haul. So bottom line if your in decent shape, and able to jump you should look into insanity.
  • purch1977
    purch1977 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I have recently tried to Buy Insanity from this website but never actually recieved it. they are based in China and i don't think you will recieve a genuine copy.
    Hopefully this helps

Wayne
  • ashley_in_austin
    Options
    I did it with my husband, but I had to stop after the first week and a bit. It is a lot of jumping type things and so it is high impact which totally screwed up my back (I already have a bad back). I would recommend it unless you have knee/back issues.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    there is a fulllength video on youtube of one workout, maybe check that out and see if you are up for it
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    I did the first two weeks of it then went on vacation and couldn't get back in to it when I came back from vacation so I need to start over... I found it to be probably the most difficult workout I've ever done, which is why if you stick to it you will get amazing results, but it will definately kick your butt until you get in to shape so I think I'm going to wait til I drop a few more lbs before I start it again as my current plan is working for the time being... I'd definately recommend going to the beach body website and purchasing it direct from their website - anyplace else you might be buying pirated software (or might not receive it like above...) so I wouldn't take chances on it... buy it HERE to be safe
    > http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I thought and thought about it, talked and discussed with different people. Found someone who uses it, seen real results. I bought it last week waiting on arrival. Not going to start it until about the 2nd week in June because I am going on vacation next week to Disney World. So we will see! Bought it from beach body. A friend tried to buy it from ebay got an email it was fraud so she is waiting for a refund. Best bet is to buy it from the website, never know what you may end up with.
  • susana67
    susana67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually purchased this this morning from same site. Frist I tried the workouts on youtube before deciding as they have 30min classes you can do. excellent if you want to burn calories and very intense, pretty hardcore but fun!!!