Etiquette Question

Options
ivykivy
ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
When you walk into a room of people or see a group of people in a hall or on the street, do you say hello to everyone or give any type of formal greeting? What if the people are in the midst of conversation, would you greet them?

Replies

• tawny2727
    tawny2727 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on how well you know them. If there is a group that I know I would smile and say hello. I have been guilty of walking up to a group already in a conversation and let's say I will wait a few seconds and if they don't acknowledge me I will smile and walk away. A smile is worth a thousand words :)
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I avoid it. I have bad social anixiety and just the idea freaks me out
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Do you mean...at a party? I mean, if it's a gala and you're walking down steps, there should be a Maître d'hôtel there to announce you and your date [or just you if you're going stag].

If I went to a party, I would probably greet the people closest to the doors then make my way to greet the host, briefly returning any hellos I received on the way with a, "Good to see you too; do you know where the host is?"

Good luck.
    -wtk
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like to do the nod and smile
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I usually just say, "It's me, b*itches"

Everyone will typically stop in the middle of their conversations and pay attention to you
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    At work or doctor's office or hospital waiting room.
    Do you mean...at a party? I mean, if it's a gala and you're walking down steps, there should be a Maître d'hôtel there to announce you and your date [or just you if you're going stag].

If I went to a party, I would probably greet the people closest to the doors then make my way to greet the host, briefly returning any hellos I received on the way with a, "Good to see you too; do you know where the host is?"

Good luck.
    -wtk
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like to do the nod and smile

This if they are in conversation.
    This plus hello/good morning/Hi if they are not.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im a nodder
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    a smile and a nod worth a thousand words, LOL