Here I go again.

Options
I am new to MFP and so would appreciate any support I can find. I am 56 years old, at least until August that is, I am 80 lbs over weight. I have tried many weight loss plans only to tire if them and stop. And then you know the story, you gain it back plus 10. So I want to not tire of this program I want to make it my lifestyle. I plan on retiring in 4 years and I want to be healthy and ready for the new chapter in our lives. Even as I begin this journey, I found yesterday, my third day on the program I was grazing after dinner, not finding what would satisfy me. I finally put a piece of gum in my mouth in hopes that would stop me and it did help, although I had by that time exceeded my calories for the day. And so today I start anew. On my way to being a healthy Nana, wife, mother and friend. Blessings.

Replies

• NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    You can do it.....you are not the only one.... keep moving forward.... add me for motivation and support
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP!!!
    Try to take this one step at a time. Making huge lifestyle changes doesn't happen over night. Start small. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

Add me if you want! :-)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    The first few days are the hardest. Maybe try eating small meals more often during the day. You can try eating 5 times a day to get your body use to eating less at a sitting. Also try eating more filling foods like peanut butter. It may help.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me as a friend, having the support of others really helps when you are trying to lose weight, i wish you much success in your weight loss journey to becoming healthy. Maybe you can try to fill up on more fruits and veggies, also planning your meal out ahead of time might help you and give you more options on what to eat.
  • suzqmf
    suzqmf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a great place for motivation and help. I've been here almost 4 weeks and it's WORKING!! Add me if you'd like as well. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ralh
    ralh Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi,

Today is my first day I have done lots of other diets to, for my first day using this I have found it really useful and the support is great. Add me as a friend if you like, the more support you have the better x
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcom. friend request sent. MFP is a great place for support. Im in it for the long haul so we can motivatte each other
    185495 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI, I HAVE BEEN ON THE 17 DAY DIET SINCE APR 29 AND HAVE LOST 14 LBS....NICE TO SEE THE SCALES GOING DOWN...WHAT PROGRAM ARE YOU ON?
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    No program really other than taking in the recommended calories here on MFP, walking and tracking it all. My biggest fear is losing interest so I want to read success stories every day and motivate myself with the help of my "pals" here on MFP.