Protein shakes what do you think?

Options
juliaamilee
juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
Protien shakes... What do you think? I would like to try them because I do not eat enough protien. I cant eat nuts allergic. Eggs are out, ( I may be able to pych myself up and eat them). CPR without barriers on someone choking on a boild egg. Not good. Have a hard time eating them. No fish, cant stand it. That fishy taste is what I cant get past. I am ok with tofu, but run out of ideas in using it. Should I go with a whey based? I dont want to add a bunch of calories in, I am thinking I need to supplement meals not replace because I consistanly stay under my calories for the most part. I generally over all eat fairly well, at least I think I do. I am not afraid to try new things, I only know I dont like something because I actually have tried it, not because I think I wont like it. New Idea's Please??

Replies

• daniii6
    daniii6 Posts: 23
    Options
    I really like using my whey isolate protein. I add almond milk, usually a banana and some ice. It's great post workout or sometimes I add more fruit to substitute for breakfast. It gets nice and thick and creamy with the added ice and the protein makes it fluff up, if that makes sense. There are so many different flavors you can try too!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really like using my whey isolate protein. I add almond milk, usually a banana and some ice. It's great post workout or sometimes I add more fruit to substitute for breakfast. It gets nice and thick and creamy with the added ice and the protein makes it fluff up, if that makes sense. There are so many different flavors you can try too!

This is what I do as well!! I just had one for lunch with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, half a cup of strawberries, 1 banana, 2 scoops of Whey Protein (except my Whey Protein has both types in it), and ice. Just blend it all up in a blender. It was 434 calories with 56g protein, and 8g fiber. I am going to be full until dinner. It tastes really good too!