Can't seem to lose these last 10...

Options
Hi all;
I had a baby last July and after some diligent work, have lost 35 of the 45 pounds I put on. However, these last 10 lbs are really sticking to me and I just can't seem to shake them. I'm getting regular exercise with plenty of rest and am eating back my exercise calories. I'm not breastfeeding anymore so I don't think that's the issue.
What am I doing wrong? I have been fcusing a lot on cardio but not so much on strength training, I was thinking maybe I should mix it up a bit, but I'm not really even sure that's the problem. I don't think I'm overeating, but who knows! Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Replies

• seethreepeeohlvr
    seethreepeeohlvr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bumping...
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Bumping I'm on my last 11, I'd like to see what people have to say..
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I checked out your diary and it seems that you may not be eating enough.... Have you ever determined you BMR and TDEE? If not you need to do this, it's the best way to determine how many calories your body needs based on your stats. Plus, you probably could up your protein to more like 30% of your calories. Also, I would do more strength training.... Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bumping... last 8 :) Been fighting these last 8 since Jan.
  • panzy91
    panzy91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know when i get stuck on a certain weight for more then a week, I have a day of binge eating, not worrying about going over my calories, then go back to my diet and usually start losing again. I am thinking its because your body gets use to eating a certain way and throw you throw it for a loop. not only that but you treat yourself for all your good work.
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would add strength training. Building muscle will help increase your metabolism and get you back to real pre-baby. Initially I got back to pre-baby weight, but it was all in different places. I had lost muscle so I had more fat at the same weight, if that makes sense.
  • trish407
    trish407 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you taking birth control pills? Doctors say it does not make you gain but it does increase appitite. That could be causing you to be eating uncounted calories without really realizing it.
  • trish407
    trish407 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know when i get stuck on a certain weight for more then a week, I have a day of binge eating, not worrying about going over my calories, then go back to my diet and usually start losing again. I am thinking its because your body gets use to eating a certain way and throw you throw it for a loop. not only that but you treat yourself for all your good work.

I experienced this happening. I had been losing at a slow but steady rate. Then last weekend my daughter graduated from high school. It was a two day party then I got back on track. As soon as I did get back on track I lost three pounds all at once.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    I have 12 pounds left to lose. Everything that I have read say the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. I agree with the PP who say to try some strength training exercises. Good luck!