No longer hungry

Options
I started using MFP last week and have 12 lbs since (I know that it's probably water weight but I am still pleased). I noticed that I am no longer hungry about half way through my meal. I am having small meals and there is really no reason I shouldn't be hungry. I have been taking a "break" and finishing the meal about 45 mins later. Is this normal?

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I find that I have been getting fuller, faster since I changed my diet. So I think it is pretty normal.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    When I first started this is what happened to me. Now, I get hungry, but I can control it better then I used to. Good luck.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you have been eating????? If you are eating healthier and adding fiber and protein, then yes I would say its quite normal.....your body may be bloating a bit too from the change and that would make you feel fuller.
  • KettleBellHoe
    KettleBellHoe Posts: 161
    Options
    Thats fine it probably because your eating higher quality foods that your body can use up. I am alot less hungry and eat about 500 calories less then I use to. I;m pretty sure its all the fiber and protein i been getting. Can i add you to check out your diary?"
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say without seeing your diary. If you've made a big change to what you are eating, perhaps your palate is in a period of transition. Are you enjoying what you are eating?
  • AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    You will find your body making more adjustments over the next few weeks still. In all, it took my body about four weeks to adjust to the program I am on. I like MFP because it helps me to be accountable for EVERYTHING I eat/drink. Depending on the types of foods and the amounts you take in will depend on how full you may feel. If you are full, you are full, don't force feed yourself to put away extra food. If you are hungry within the hour, then finish your meal, but if not, don't force yourself. Lastly, Dr. Oz was on Piers Morgan last night and he said for anyone who is trying to lose weight and is just starting out should decrease their daily intake by 100 calories (which amounts to half a donut or half of a soda). Good luck to you, to all of you.

ps: don't fret if you have eaten more than your share of calories or decide to eat unhealthy for one day, get back on track and keep moving forward.