BMI at 195???? Seriously?

Options
biggsexy7
biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
I am wondering where in the world does this come from? Just because of my height it says I'm suppose to be between 144 and 195 lbs. I have been down to 225 with a 6 pack and very lean. If I got down to 195 I'd have no muscle mass at all along with no body fat.

Replies

• Mrsmis78
    Mrsmis78 Posts: 62
    Options
    The BMI calculator doesn't really differentiate man or woman, body frame, or muscle mass. It's just a general guide to go by. I would suggest to go more by actual body fat percentage instead of generic BMI calculator.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's a formula based on the average population. It's not meant for individuals.
  • biggsexy7
    Options
    I was just wondering. I have heard that same number before and was stunned. I am about 31 inches wide in the shoulders due to lifting weights for a better part of my life. Now I spend more time doing cardio and trying to lose the belly.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Try fitnessfrog.com. I find that one to be the most accurate.
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    I feel your pain, according the the BMI calculator I am OBESE at 220.
  • biggsexy7
    Options
    Well right now I know I am over weight. I have to drop about 50 lbs to be in great shape again. I just wondered what skinny person came up with that weight. Most guys of normal build I'll say are in great shape around 210 to 230 specially if you have any muscle mass.