Does anyone else do this?

Options
Once again, I am sitting here in my exercise clothes, making excuse after excuse rather than pop in that dvd or just go downstairs and use the treadmill. When I woke up this morning, I felt SO motivated and energized. I thought that there was no doubt that I would do some sort of workout! Instead, I ate breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, answered some emails, made some calls, etc, etc, etc. Now it's almost 2 pm and I'm still in my workout clothes and haven't worked out!

Replies

• cmc6921
    cmc6921 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find it sooo hard to work out alone. Especially in my house. But I have fallen into the trap of buying exercise equipment and dvd's, etc. The best way for me to stick to an exercise plan is to have a buddy to be accountable to that I exercise with and its something I'd rather not have to pay for. So what I normally end up doing is walking with a co-worker during the workday or a friend in the evening. If I ask someone to walk with me, I usually won't back out....just a thought. Otherwise, yes, I would do and have done what you do ALL THE TIME!!!!
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    GO WORK OUT! Just stop typing, turn off the computer, and GO DO IT!! You will feel better for it. Never ever give yourself time to slack off!!
  • roadstermommy
    roadstermommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are right - holding myself accountable to a friend or class DEFINITELY works for me. I do that a couple times per week, but Mondays are alone days, unfortunately. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has a hard time staying motivated! thanks
  • roadstermommy
    Options
    To Sharon909 - THAT is exactly what I need - someone to KICK MY A** ! Unfortunately, I can't possibly work out now, I just made myself a salad! ;-)
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Yep have been there done that! Sometimes it works to get dressed for a workout cuz I actually DO one, other times, guess it just wasn't meant to be lol
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I did that last night. Was ready to work out at 3:30, kept finding other things to do. Didn't finally work out until 9:20.
  • WorkitoutBev
    WorkitoutBev Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OMG, eat the salad while walking on the treadmill and see how much of the salad you will really eat. Girl, go and workout a little and then eat the salad. You will feel so much better afterward.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    You can't depend on someone else to be accountable to because the day they can't help, you are back to square one. You just got to do it! You know you feel so much better afterwards, just do it. It's less than an hour out of your day! Then you can say "I really didn't want to but I did it anyway and feel amazing for it!".
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Find something you love. I go to either a jazzercise class, or fitness boot camp. I LOVE them so I don't have to make myself go, I WANT to go!
  • roadstermommy
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I love this site - you guys are awesome!

To Brandicalorie: I used to LIVE for exercise! I don't know what happened though, since turning 40 - it's all different now. By the way, 127 pounds? Amazing!!! congratulations!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try working out first, while you are still motivated.
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If I don't do it first thing in the morning, I don't do it. So I do it first thing in the morning. I ask myself: are you the kind of person who gets up and gets it done before everyone else is out of bed?... I like being that person.