Looking for friends to journey with.

Options
Hi all, I am new to MFP and looking for some friends to help me along the way and inturn hopefully helping others.

A little about myself, I am a guy my early 30's, always had issues with weight since my early 20's, this time last year I was really proud of myself cus I dropped from 238lbs to 182lbs in about 7 months just from proper eating and some mild excerise. Sadly over the last 12 months I have creeped back up to 200lbs, kind of knew I was putting it back on! came to a head a few weeks ago when I tried on some of my summer cloths from last year and as you can guess they were not as I remembered them.

My motivation back then was watching YouTube videos and as I was in the swing of things I was seeing lower numbers every week on the scales, just need a kick start to get me going again.

I am not a yoyo dieter, last year was the only time where I set my mind to losing the weight, I have however realised that I slipped back into my old ways, my goal is to get back to the 180's or better yet the 170's and stay there.

I don't know how many guys do this, but male or female please let me know if I can add you, seeing others achieve I know will keep me motivated.

Replies

• beccajune
    beccajune Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs help along the way! And having someone to help motivate you can be the one thing that keeps you going! Good luck! And I'm right there with ya needing to get back into the swing of things!
  • Bluskyleilu
    Bluskyleilu Posts: 24
    Options
    I recently joined also, I am so excited to have people to reach out to, keep each other in check, do fun exercises with and just to find people. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. I used to be a pretty good cook, but cooking for one has been a challenge, and almost cheaper to eat out. . . leading to a lot of weight gain, I am back on the cooking thing.... Have a wonderful day!! Here to chat if you need.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! This is a long journey, but we'll get there!
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am in the same boat. Was doing so well last year and then watched it all slip away so quickly. Back at it!
  • GoTanieGo
    GoTanieGo Posts: 24
    Options
    Complacency is our worst enemy. I lost over 80, and every pound came back because I just got lazy with the effort. This time, I'm in it for the long haul! Love to have motivating, encouraging friends as well. Feel free to add me, you, and anyone else who finds this journey easier together, than alone. :flowerforyou:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am not really in the process of losing much weight, but if some weight comes off I won't complain. I'm really just trying to get in better shape. But I tend to be encouraging and love giving advice haha. I am currently studying to become a personal trainer (although it probably won't become a full time gig as I already have one of those) and love everything fitness and nutrition related.

beware of some of the things people say on MFP in the forums. Always research things on your own after reading what some people have to say..... just FYI...
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. The last time that i was where I want to be was back in the early 90s when I was in the army!
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I am in my 30s and try to be supportive and encouraging