Wedding Dress

Options
strandedj
strandedj Posts: 128
Just saw a thread on whether to sell a wedding dress. I thought it might be fun to see how much people spent on their dresses. I married nearly 28 years ago, a shotgun wedding so to speak. My wedding was put together fast and my dress was somewhere around 200 dollars.

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    My wife's was around $200 and beautiful too! We even took it on the cruise for one of the formal nights. It was awesome! The whole wedding was around $5000, we did GOOD considering we had around 150 people.

JM
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mine was reduced from £600 to £300. It was beautiful, I didn't buy it just because it was cheaper, I just happened to love the reduced end of the line dress :)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My dress was priced around $250. Once allerations, shoes, vail and jewlery were added in, it rang up the total to about $350.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Got married at the Justice of peace :) lol
  • POKlink
    POKlink Posts: 19
    Options
    Mine was $250, and I actually got it brand new off ebay. After being bombarded with a crazy sales lady at Davids Bridal, I wasn't too excited about dress shopping anymore.
  • cindylou617
    cindylou617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    $100 on my white one and $75 on my red one! :drinker:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think mine was around $850.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mine was custom made for me by a former Project Runway contestant and it cost an arm and a leg.

But it was gorgeous. :happy:
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow I thought mine was fairly inexpensive it was $700 15 years ago.....I had really liked a very similar one but it was $1300 and I didn't want my parents to have to pay that much so I was pretty happy when I found it for $700....I don't want to say how much the wedding actually cost...but my parents took out a big loan.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    $900 for me. In my neck of the woods, that's down right cheap!
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    Sounds like everyone so far got some real deals!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Well I feel kinda dumb lol. I bought a Vera Wang Grecian style gown for $642 dollars. I am getting married next year. It was the only thing close to what I wanted though. But I will actually wear it again as it can easily be worn as something other than a wedding dress, I would wear this thing around the house lol

here is the link, it's the top one. Don't quite know why she appears that tall though lol

http://www.smartbrideboutique.com/blog/grecian-wedding-dresses/20110815/742/
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    $1500.. i'm divorced now and am trying to get rid of it. beautiful dress though!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Never been married, but my best friend has been twice (and working on the second divorce). She spent $750 on her first dress and less than $200 on the second.
  • amosjo
    amosjo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the exact price, but I wanna say around $80 or so. Sheplers.com. LOL Small wedding, and I didn't care about being a princess. Just wanted to get married as cheap as possible. :) Plus, I was broke.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My dress was $350 and go tmy shoes at payless for$10 bucks. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED my dress. No i do not knwowha to do with it. WOuld like to be able to fit in it again.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I paid $500 for my dress and around another $200 for my veil and tiara and I thought my dress was beautiful! We only spent about $5000 total on our wedding and this was 6 and 1/2 years ago

Church.jpg

Bubbles.jpg

Backview.jpg
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My first wedding... the dress was $700. Marriage lasted 18 months.

My second " wedding " - the dress was $200 or less and we're going on 5 years :-)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I had 2 dresses and they each cost $300.00
    After the wedding I turned one into 2 Christening blankets and threw the other out. lol...
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I had such a small wedding, got married at city hall. I think my dress (which was not a wedding dress) was about $175.00. Our son was 4 at the time, he walked the rings down which was nice, we were saving for a down payment for our house which was a bigger priority to us.