How many calories do you think you eat a day?

Options
On average- how many calories do you eat a day? On a maintaining weight diet, or losing weight diet? Include your height and weight! (if you want) :) It's interesting to see and compare to others!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    1710 to maintain. I don't have to think about it... that's why I'm tracking it.

And I was eating a little below 1500 to lose.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day, give or take 100 or so, to eat at a calorie deficit (a losing weight diet).

I use this really cool website called myfitnesspal.com to keep track so I don't have to guess!
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'11", 234 pounds, and I don't have to "think" how many Calories I eat per day. Pretty much every calorie (I could have mis-estimated a time or two) is in my log/diary. Right now, I'm targeting 1910/day net, but I'm trying to lose at least a pound a week.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I use this really cool website called myfitnesspal.com to keep track so I don't have to guess!

Really? Send me a link, I would be really interested in something like this.

Cheers!
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm netting 1740 calories a day on maintenance which is 100 more than MFP set me as I still managed to lose 2lbs on the 1640 calories MFP set, so I'm trying a few more to see if I'll now stay at my goal. I usually eat between 100-400 calories more than this which I exercise off.

I'm 5'8" and 138lbs
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I eat about 1510-1530 a day and have been losing about 2 pounds a week. I am 5' 6" and I started at 194 and am now to 188...hopefully at 186 by the end of this week. :) I also log everything I eat and don't deprive myself of my starbucks...I just allow for it in my calories. :)
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    My goal is 1420 a day to lose. To maintain I need to eat 1800-something. I weigh 159lbs and I'm 5'7.5 :) My goal on MFP is to lose a pound a week.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800 cals give or take a few. That includes the calories I earned through exercise.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Without exercise I need about 2300 calories to maintain my weight, (with exercise it averages around 2600). Right now I'm trying to eat around 2000 to lose weight but I'm not very committed to that.
  • christyrp90
    christyrp90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see all this feedback- I'm 5'4 136 lbs and MFP recommended that I eat 1200 cals a day to lose 2 pounds a week. I usually stay right around that and I don't eat my exercise calories anymore because when I did, I didn't seem to lose much weight at all. I am losing weight but very slowly. That is why I want to see all of your numbers. Thanks everyone
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty aggressive goal. You don't have a lot of weight to lose. I'd cut back to a pound a week.
  • Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1490 calories a day to lose weight ( from a sedentary lifestyle) now I do 90 minutes of cardio/day, lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks...
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Maintaining:

2200-2500/day.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My MFP set goal is 1310 to lose 1 lb a week...so WITH exercise calories I eat between 1300-1600, never hitting my net...I just don't. I'm losing at the right rate, but if I stopped, or didn't feel well/lost energy, I would try to pack in some more. I also don't weigh my food, so perhaps I'm actually getting a bit more cals than recorded.

I'm 5'7"
    141.5 lbs and my goal is 135...
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    On average- how many calories do you eat a day? On a maintaining weight diet, or losing weight diet? Include your height and weight! (if you want) :) It's interesting to see and compare to others!

I am 5'9" 185 pound man. I'm trying to get back to 170, I eat 1450 calories a day with tons of protein and fiber to stay full, when I'm back to 170-ish I'll start eating around 2500 again. EDIT: I never eat back my exercise calories, for me, it causes me to gain weight. I log my exercise but still try to stay under 1450.

Ultimately I'd like to lose enough weight to see my abs, which I haven't seen for several years. I'm guessing around 155 they might show up.
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    I’m trying to stick right around the 1200 mark since I have a sedentary job 40 hours a week. I’m 5’3 and about 175 (down from 199).
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    2000-2300 usually!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    5'4, 115 lbs. 1210 or less a day
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty aggressive goal. You don't have a lot of weight to lose. I'd cut back to a pound a week.

i agree, better yet a .5lb / week is much better. im 136lbs at 5'4" and was stuck in a plateau then started gaining weight because I was in such a huge deficit....im talking for like 6 months. i started missing that TOM guy and was depressed. Be careful. Ive been on maintenance and i eat anywhere from 2100- 2600 calories a day. to lose weight i just need to eat around 2000 cals a day.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    1600-1800 now to lose. I'm 154 lbs wanting to lose just a bit more.

ETA I mean I eat that many, my net is usually between 1200-1600.