Acai Berry and Green Tea Supplment? Need advice....!

Options
So at work today I saw an acai berry and green tea supplment come in on the truck today. It was said to curb appetite and increase metabolism. I did not write down the specific name of the brand but I was wondering if anyone has ever used an acai berry and/or green tea supplment and how did it work for you?

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It was a waste of money.
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    Fisrt time I did the 5 day acia berry cleanse I lost 5 pounds, but it gave me horrible temorary bathroom issues (if you know what i mean) and I take the green tea ones everyday. I personally believe they help a lot.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i tried acaitrim...its acai and green tea and said it curbs appetite, promotes natural weight loss, promotes energy production, etc. it did absolutely nothing for me. i lost at the same rate, ate the same amount, had the same amount of energy. i still have over half a bottle and if i could give it to you to try i would. i have no use for it. maybe it works for some people, but i was very unimpressed. lol
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ya I took the one called mega T the first month of my diet and it did give me some energy and helped curb my appetite but that was because it's mostly caffeine.. and it didn't help the second month so I'm not taking it anymore.. plus I'm on anti depressants now so I didn't know it was safe to keep taking it
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Green tea works the same as water, but there has been some research to suggest that it speeds up metabolism IF drank in large quantitites, for example 6-8 cups per day. I tried this green tea "diet" if you will along with my normal calorie intake, and if I am honest, I noticed no differences other than my pee smelling funny in the mornings.

I am currently using acai berry bought from holland & barret on a whim after watching an episode of "You are what you eat" when Gillian mentioned goji berries, acai berries and other berries high in anti-oxidants and their beneficial effects on the body. Now, after years of dieting and trying to stop myself binging on a night time whilst watching the soaps, I can now say that I still do that, haha. What I have noticed though is my bowel movements have become more regular (sorry, TMI!) and my belly does not feel so hard and bloated anymore, and my stools are softer so no longer hard to pass. Gillian Mckieth would say I have a perfect poo now haha.

In conclusion? They aren't weight loss supplements per se, they only aid the body's function in digesting etc. Message me if you want to know more :)
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I take green tea and acai sperately every day! I'mnot keen on the green tea as I don't think it really does anything but I think that the acai really helps with the (ahem) morning clear out! I am stopping the green tea when I run out this time but I am keeping up with the acai for a little longer! It can give you a bad tummy if you eat huge amounts of crap though!! I guess that could be more motivation to eat well!