sugar????? is it bad 2 keep going ovr daily allowance?/

Options
hi,
I have kept in my daily allowances, gone over a lot in protein. But seem to always double my sugar juts wondered if it would affect weight loss by doing so if tho I am within my calories??????

Any help would be appreciated thanks :flowerforyou: x

Replies

• jsnyder81
    jsnyder81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same thing. I am always WAY over on my sugar.
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What kind of sugar? IE where is it coming from Bread or Fruit? It makes a big difference in my opinion. If it is a natural sugar like what is in fruit I don't think it is a huge deal. Although I am sure some people would disagree with me. I just believe that eating fruit is way healthier than I was eating, so if it is coming from fruit and not a candy bar I think it is fine. :laugh:
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    Hey Hun. I wud try 2 keep an eye on sugar intake as the more glucose of any kind u ave in bloidstrean the more ur body holds on 2 fat cells. U need to limit the sugar so ur body burns the fat. Best time 4 somat sugary thou its post workout as it replenishes the muscles. Xx
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    turn it off if you don't have a personal sugar goal. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Fruit will take you over it, or fruit juice, most days. The number is based on dietary guidelines for "added sugar" so the way it's being used doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  • minibusx
    minibusx Posts: 50
    Options
    thanks all I shall try reduce the sugar x x x :smile:
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm over my sugar every day a still have lost weight. I just don't pay attention to it anymore!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i stopped tracking mine. i'd make a protein shake in the morning with half a banana, blueberries, strawberries and protein powder and would be over my limit for the day.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    The FDA reccomends you watch your ADDED sugars (white refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup...), but natural sugars (like in fruits, etc) are ok. This is because natural sugars general come with lots of fiber that take the body alot longer to break down, thus limiting spikes in insilin (which can lead to diabetes).

So in other words, limit sugar in anything that comes in a package, but if it is in a skin you are ok. :smile: Be careful with some things though like fruit juice because even though you think it is just sugar from the fruits frequently it is added. :grumble: Check the ingredients, if sugar (sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, etc) is in the top five ingredients, BEWARE. "Healthy" fruit yogurts are NOTORIOUS for this.
  • amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar almost every single day too. It's crazy that mfp keeps the sugar so low. It's in EVERYTHING, I wouldn't know how to make it all fit
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Im over due to fruit every day. Im not giving up my fruit!!! I cant figure out how to make it now show up. I have only protein, fat and carbs checked to track in my settings. I see no other settings to get rid of it??
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • amandamotley
    Options
    Agree that it must be based on added sugar. I hardly eat any added sugar at all and was still constantly going over. I realized that I was eating more bread and less fruit to try to meet that goal, and um...how can that be good? So I ignore it.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that from a weight loss perspective it doesn't matter how far over your macros are (apart from sodium) as long as you stick to your calorie goal.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that from a weight loss perspective it doesn't matter how far over your macros are (apart from sodium) as long as you stick to your calorie goal.

Macros only matter for healthyness reasons, not for weight loss.