Treats that work within a lower calorie diet.

Options
For those who would rather have a small 'real' treat rather than a heap of diet alternatives, I was thinking we could start a list of treats we have found that don't blow the entire calorie budget for the day but still feel like we've had something...

For instance:

Green and Blacks Miniature Bar (15g) 87 calories
Cadbury's Curly Wurly 115 calories
Cadbury's Dairy Milk Little Bar 110 calories.

All of these are the full fat version.

The green and blacks bar is cute because it has 12 little squares, so you kind of feel like you have had a chocolate bar.

Btw, don't mistake the green and blacks miniature bars (15g) for the small ones (about 50g) unless you have calories to spare.

Replies

• ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    A Kinder egg is 110 calories and you get a toy! Lol
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1 finger twix 140 cals
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A Kinder egg is 110 calories and you get a toy! Lol

hee hee

I love nakd bars, get what I need out of them and they vary from 90-135 ish calories
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    They sell mini Milky Ways at the checkout in my grocery store, only 100 calories! Unfortunately I usually want a Lion Bar though...
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bluebell Strawberry Fruit Bars
    http://www.bluebell.com/the_little_creamery/press_releases/press_fruit_bars.html

They are only 70 calories and made with all natural ingredients - just strawberries and sugar.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I buy the big fun size bag of chocolates - it has skittles, mars, milky way, m&m's, twix, maltesers and milky way stars in it and they're each under 100 calories, and I have one every night before bed. I get a little bit of variety and find that I'm really quite satisfied after my small portion of chocolate! Don't know what i'd do with a full size bar now! lol
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    orange sorbert it was less than 200 i thinkfor a 1/2 cup
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Snack size milky bar buttons - 70 calories
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate...about 100 cals:)
  • cjb8900
    cjb8900 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow chocolate crisp bars - 110 calories
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1 Hershey's milk choclate kiss 23 calories. :heart:
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    25g Macadamias are circa 190 calories. I love them.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    cadburys freddo frog bar 95 cals....time-out bar 85 cals ..nestle.animal bar 98 cals :wink: :smile:
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    Options
    I HAVE to have my treats! Two of the Dove Dark Promises pieces are great for something sweet after lunch (84 calories), I just picked up a bag of the SunMaid Dark Chocolate Covered Raisins (~160 for a 1/4 cup) and they are seriously delicious - I may have to portion control them out into smaller bags, they're that good!

I also like the Vita Tops - any of the sweet ones (90-100, and now they have 50 calorie bars), but the cornbread option is a good alternative for chili nights!

When I want something salty, I go for the Orville R's mini bags (~190) (though some of the fat is high, if you're watching your macros) or the 100 calorie bags of Cheez-Its. For the record, I don't like the increased price or increased waste of the 100C bags generally speaking, but I have been known to eat an enitre box of Cheez-Its over the course of one weekend. No impulse control there.