Someone Please Help

Options
I dont know what to do with myself, I just can not stop eating and its been like this for a month, I was doing so well and I just cant seem to get myself back on track, I posted a message like this about 2 months ago and ever since then its been rocky, I just odnt know what to do with myself I want to be good and then come about dinner time I eat rubbish things.

Its really really getting me down :(

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein before dinner. Make a smaller dinner/increase the vegetables you eat. Toss out the crap, can't eat what you don't have! Have a bottle of water on hand.

Exercise more. Exercise differently. Get a healthy lifestyle support system from friends and/or family.

Let us see your food diary.

Go on maintenance until you get back to your feet.

WILLPOWER.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ew, double post.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What about not bringing food in the house that tempts you? It's pretty hard to gain weight if most of what you eat are veggies and select pieces of fruit. Since you know you are somewhat prone to these episodes of eating poorly, don't give yourself any amunition. Have a piece of lean protein like broiled fish or skinless chicken. If possible, cook them a head of time, so when you get these urges, you can stick with your program. Good luck.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    I dont know what to do with myself, I just can not stop eating and its been like this for a month, I was doing so well and I just cant seem to get myself back on track, I posted a message like this about 2 months ago and ever since then its been rocky, I just odnt know what to do with myself I want to be good and then come about dinner time I eat rubbish things.

Its really really getting me down :(
    sorry sis. you are going to have to put in the work. what i mean by that is it is going to take time and plenty of discipline. after a while it will come natural not to eat the foods you know is bad, or at least eat them in moderation. I myself haven't stop eating the junk i like i just learned to cut back and i never buy pastries from the store i always bake my own,so i know whats in it. like, i use unsweetened applesauce instead of oil when it calls for it. those small changes makes big difference. you just have to give it time.
  • margers
    margers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dear Trudy,
    I don't want to sound negative..but maybe you aren't ready at this time. However, I think you are since you are checking out this website to get motivation and support. Something I have done in the past month is I created a contract with myself. You can create some simple rules for yourself and you can take it out whenever you are tempted to break it. Maybe post it on the refrigerator or somewhere obvious. Some of the terms of my contract include:

1. I resolve to wipe the slate clean and start fresh TODAY!
    2. I resolve to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
    3. I resolve to think before I eat.
    4. I resolve to check MFP daily for motivation and encouragement.
    5. I resolve to keep a journal.
    6. I resolve to eliminate processed sugars from my diet. It is a killler!!!!

I think you get my point. I hope you can come to terms with understanding why you are overeating.
    You deserve to be thin and healthy!! Don't give up.

282281.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ciao,