Ugh

Options
I hate it when other people in the house are not trying to lose weight. Everytime I open the freezer I see rocky road ice cream, garlic bread, dr.pepper (which is my favorite), ranch dressing, and brownies.

I have been good and ignoring them all. I keep to my cottage cheese, oranges, and apples for my snacks and water or tea to drink.

Just had to vent. It also helps me resist all the food when I come on this website.

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    AMEN! AMEN! or the famous line "oh come on its not going to kill you"...
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I live with three roommates who eat fast food twice a day and keep the fridge stocked with soda and cookie dough. I seriously want to throttle them. They know how hard I'm working and they're not making this any easier. :smile:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am with you. There is food that I would never keep in my house because I know my weaknesses, but my fiance will bring in. And of course he can skip a meal or two and lose 10 pounds.

The other difficult thing for me is that people are always bringing in food and sweets at work to share. That is hard for me to pass up.
  • Jessica130
    Options
    I know what you mean about snacks at work. There always seems to be free popcorn or cotton candy, not mentioning the 3 vending machines we have there full of junk food. :mad:

What saves me most of the time is sugar free jello! Only five calories!!!!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, sister! The guy I'm seeing is here for a couple of days and he knows my willpower is weak, so when I tell him I am thinking of cheating on my lifestyle change, he's like "oh it won't hurt you to divert while I'm here' Or something liek that.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    it all comes down to willpower- there is temptation everywhere.

I came home from a butt kicking workout the other day and My husband says babe I'm gonna get some mint choc chip ice cream I said I are you kidding me I just killed myself in the gym and you are mentioning my fav ice cream and by the way no you aren't getting it- He had a hissy fit and said he was going through junk food withdrawl lol-- He is very much in shape and has always been but he didn't get it so I won lol
  • huntee75
    Options
    lol...i thought i was the only one that happened too. but when you resist that stuff it just shows how strong your will power is and i feel so good when i don't give in. keep up the good work.