Wedding Dress

Options
2»

Replies

• strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    RDalton nice wedding dress and pics!
    NYCDutchess, I like the Christening blankets idea, maybe I can use my dress for that!
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine was custom made as well.. pics are in my profile. I didn't pay for it, as in our customs, the groom's family pays for the bride's dress. I think it was around $350. It was red, considering it was a Pakistani style wedding, that is the custome color. Our weddings are 3 days and we have a dress for each day. I have one day still left to do, which we will do with my husband's family when we get to go visit them.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    $75 lol my entire wedding was like $2,000 we did everything ourselves and food was the most expensive out of it all! Haha

weddingdress.jpg
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    $75 lol my entire wedding was like $2,000 we did everything ourselves and food was the most expensive out of it all! Haha

weddingdress.jpg

you look beautiful! The only think I would change about my wedding dress is I would make it strapless lol
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    mine was $500...getting married in September (pics on my profile if interested :smile: )
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    Mine was $1,500, however the boutique was closing and I got it brand new at half off.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Mine was $600.
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    my dress was 1400 dollars when i fell in love with it! I picked it out and then they put it on the end of season sale and so i bought it off the rack for 400 :-) which made me love it more! but i would have def spent the 1400 cause i knew that dress was mine the moment i put it on!!
  • shanny72mc
    shanny72mc Posts: 11
    Options
    I was married in 1995 and my dress including veil was around $800. I still have it up in my attic. My hubby said I should sell it since I will never use it. I hold onto it for sentimental reasons!
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I don't remember the exact price, but I wanna say around $80 or so. Sheplers.com. LOL Small wedding, and I didn't care about being a princess. Just wanted to get married as cheap as possible. :) Plus, I was broke.

Same place I got my dress and it was about the same price as yours in 1995 when I bought it. Its known as the dress from hell! We actually had to take it all apart and put it back together. The right and left sides were different sizes, one sleeve was 2 inches longer than the other, and the outer lace layer was much smaller than the underside.. I returned it after the wedding and got all my money back!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I was dumb. My dress was like 1200.

My husband and I were paying for everything ourselves and his sister was trying to tell me that I couldn't find a "good" dress for less than 2000, and I set my budget way too high.. NOW what will I ever do with that thing? I'll never wear it again... Silly.

I did budget shop for everything else, and didn't break the bank on the wedding...
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in October of this year and my dress was about $1100, not including the veil. It's so ridculous when I watch shows like "Say Yes to the Dress" and these brides have budgets of $5000-$10,000 just for the dress. And frankly, some times, those extra thousands of dollars don't make the dress look any prettier or more elegant than one 3 times cheaper!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! The only think I would change about my wedding dress is I would make it strapless lol

thank you... and so did you :)
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My dress was 1,800. And I wouldn't change that for anything!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ha! after reading this thread im totally embarrassed by how much im spending on my dress. i dont regret it though :smile: its beautiful and im happy with it!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My dress was $1800, but I got it for $1200 by paying with cash. I negotiated EVERYTHING for our wedding. We didn't pay full price for a single thing. :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    $450 at David's after trying on what felt like a million different dresses. And it was the first one I tried on... LOL!

Now it's too big. YEAH!
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    For my dress, alterations to the dress, undergarments, shoes, two veils, jewelery, and tiara I paid about $23,000. I loved all of my wedding accessories. Too bad the marriage ended in divorce. But I still have everything I wore that day!
  • JersryGirl31
    JersryGirl31 Posts: 167
    Options
    I made my own wedding dress. I copied the design off a dress I saw in Brides Magazine and made my own pattern. Bought the material, lace and everything else I needed in the garment district of Philadelphia. I think it cost about $50 in 1970. I still have it. I wish it still fit.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    $1350, including fittings and underthings. It was spectacular. the tiara was my something borrowed. I got married in december 2007.