I NEED weight loss surgery supporters (WLS) asap

Options
ALOHA i need supporters to add me im in hawaii and we dont have weight loss surgery support groups so im on my own looking for support online my surgen is on another island and i need HELP im having a thigh lift done and dr wants me to loss more lbs in order to get it schedualed, im not having any luck, im new to this site and i think meeting new peeps can have a better outcome ,WLS here in hawaii is a big seacret ,it seems, so please feel free to add me and help me out i would love any advise! Im struggling with 40 lbs regain after 5 yr post op had 2 emergency surgeries suffer from animiea low red blood count Help Me lol hope to here from ya'll soon MAHALO

Replies

• amyrenroman
    Options
    Hi There! I had gastric bypass on 4/6/12 and would love to have more MFP friends who had WLS. I've been tracking everything I eat to try to establish good habits as early as possible.
  • omeomi1972
    omeomi1972 Posts: 4
    Options
    I had WLS (gastric bypass) on 5/14 - I'd love to help support you! I know that some feel that WLS is this big no-no and the easy way out - but you and I both know there is nothing easy about what we've done. I'm lucky in that my mother had the surgery 4 years ago and I have friends and family that have also had the surgery - so there is nothing taboo about it here, but to be honest, I'm not the type to keep my struggles inside...I try not to care what others think. easy to say I know! :) feel free to add me, I'd love to support you and celebrate your achievements, because I KNOW you will have a ton!
  • omeomi1972
    omeomi1972 Posts: 4
    Options
    you and me both! my surgery was 5/14 and I'm just starting to eat food again...I would love to help support you and your success - add me! :)
  • alefaye
    alefaye Posts: 4
    Options
    hey. i had wls (dual denal switch) 04/11/12 and joined here hoping to find others who have also had wls. i'd appreciate if you added me too!
  • chennes
    chennes Posts: 7
    Options
    i had lapband in sept of 2011 my highest weight was 291 and now im at 183lbs there is a huge wls community on youtube people making vlogs about there journeys its awesome its helped me so much, its my support group..
  • Schauer36
    Schauer36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have working oh having WLS in Nov/Dec of this year. I am going through all the step with my insurance company right now to get it approve so they will pay for it. I have a friend that had it done a few years ago and did great and so people that I work with have had the WLS and have done well. Hopeing it works well form me. I will help support you. :smile: