Armour Thyroid - anyone know about this??

Options
I have been on Levothyroxine for YEARS. I finally got a new Dr. and endo and after all the preliminary tests and waiting, etc. I explained that even on an increased dose of Levothyroxine, I still had all my hypo symptoms and didnt really feel much better. He switched me to Armour Thyroid. I will pick up the script today. Has anyone taken this? I have never even heard of it. Did it make a difference if you switched from a synthetic? How long did it take for you notice a change in the way you felt? I am reading about it on the internet but I would love to get some feedback from "normal" people. I am hoping that I will finally start to see/feel a difference!

Replies

• Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Probably best to ask over at this group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

Many people swear by it and say that they couldn't get any relief until they were switched to armour as well.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I will post there as well. Thanks.
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love it and I believe its more natural. I actually take both the levo and armour. When the Dr added the armour years ago is when I started to feel better and see weightloss.
  • sandynx820
    sandynx820 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No...never heard of it but if it works please let us know! I have been on both Synthroid and Lev... for about 20 years....and I still have O metabolism!