7 day gm cleanse

Options
Started day one of the GM cleanse today...Iv been on my weight loss Journey for awhile now but I heard about this and thought Id give this a try..This is by NO means a long term diet and you will gain the weight back if you dont eat right and exercise when the 7 days is up. Day one was all Fruits and I think its may be the hardest day of all 7.... All the fruit was way to much for me.... Tomorrow is Veggie day and it starts with a baked potato and a little butter! Im looking foreword to tomorrow! I feel like I can do soooo much with veggies!!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    day 4 is only bananas and milk. does this even sound sensible?
  • AmbersGoal2013
    Options
    Its not ONLY bananas and milk... If you read..It ways bananas,milk and a soup full of veggies
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    gm as in general motors? ....
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    gm as in general motors? ....

apparently so! They helped create it for their employees. Weird. It just looks like a typical 90s voodoo diet. I remember my mom put the family one one when I was very young and it had canned beets and cabbage on one day... It took me 20 years to realize that beets weren't awful nasty soggy red things and that they actually taste delicious when prepared right..

I've never understood how they work- but they do seem to be useful for instant shedding of a few lbs. And it always is an amount that seems more than just water weight.. but still doesn't stay off. I dunno!

Good luck with your cleanse, though, OP.
  • AmbersGoal2013
    Options
    Thanks!! Iv lost 2 lbs on day one !! on day 2 now!
  • AmbersGoal2013
    Options
    ok im in the middle of day 2 and on my GM cleanse and I no longer feel I should continue,,, I dont feel good my stomach hurts and my energy level is very low... I hate this because Im not a quieter...but I have to do what feels right and I think I should stop now!
  • shrebaali
    shrebaali Posts: 3
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing the cabbage soup diet, after day 2 it gets easier. I lost about 4kg on this diet
  • emcmullen20
    emcmullen20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 5 of it and i'm down 8 pounds from when i started. It can be rough the first couple of days but by Day 4 it's smooth sailing. It is by no means a long term diet. But I did it as a healthy eating kick off to flush out all of the toxins and help my cravings. i can honestly say I am no longer craving sweets or grease.

The only thing I am craving is seafood because it's such a low sodium diet.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Old thread, but I'll post this for any newbies or lurkers looking for more info on cleanses: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 5 of it and i'm down 8 pounds from when i started. It can be rough the first couple of days but by Day 4 it's smooth sailing. It is by no means a long term diet. But I did it as a healthy eating kick off to flush out all of the toxins and help my cravings. i can honestly say I am no longer craving sweets or grease.

Please stop resurrecting ancient posts with the same cut-and-paste reply. Cleanses are not necessary. You have no toxins that need flushing out. Have a nice day :drinker:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Let me guess.......the soup is cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, and onions

This is the Dolly Parton diet from the 1970's......only now it's a "cleanse"
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I cleansed with bananas and milk also. All it did was clog up my bathtub drain. I'm calling my lawyer.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

How many times are you going to resurrect ancient threads with the same exact post?
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    How in the world did this thread get resurrected? And on two different forums.....LOL