Ok..getting the creep out at my gym thinking about switching

Options
Alright, for the past few months I have noticed getting staired at all of the time buy numers guys but particularly two trainers at my gym and they are BOTH MARRIED MEN, and I am ENGAGED and wear my ring to the gym but this evidently doesnt deter the rude uncomfortable stairing! I am a pretty insecure person anyway and especially when I do not feel that I am at my best no matter if someone else does or not and I love my gym because it is literally right behind our home, but there are many other real gyms in this town that are not about having church in the gym or being the local meat market.....I don't know what to do please help!!!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    I agree, but it is very very rude, not to mention a few months back I had a guy almost stalking me even after I told him that I had a boyfriend of course this was before we ever got engaged but he just would not take no for an answer, I don't know about you but that just scares the heck out of me! It is also very deterring when I can't even focus on a workout without thinking to myself (what the heck is up with that dude? Do I have a booger, or something on my face? what he stairing at? lol) I think that is seriously just human nature to think that when you catch someon looking at you all of the time. I know this all seems silly but the stalking situation a few months back was very very scary!
  • SportyKid
    Options
    Bring your fiance to the gym with you, at least a couple of times.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Bring your fiance to the gym with you, at least a couple of times.

That is what I suggest too!
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Not a bad idea! It might be a task getting him to come up there because this gym is all about using "GOD" to make it look good, and to us it is a joke, God is everywhere and as well he certainly should be but you can't walk into this gym without the "word" whatever that word is to them getting crammed down your throat and it is very very threatening and even the commercials are bible verses and shows them all sitting on the couch in front of the gym praying and laying hands on people and I am like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I think it has gotten too much like a cult or something for me and too full of hypocrits like saddom and gamorra idk if I spelled that right but, you will see people there working out and praising the Lord and that very weekend see the same people out messing around on their spouses at the local night club?!?!?!? dont get it, anywho now that I have sat and had a revelation of sorts with all of this maybe it is time for me to either switch or just get an elliptical and a few varying hand weights and stability ball here at the house thats really all I need anyway!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    also make sure you're not wearing too revealing of clothing. Even I look when women's boobs are popping out all over the place because they don't bother to wear enough of a shirt to cover them, ya know? Not saying you are dressing inappropriately, just saying, take a look at what you're wearing and could that be part of it? Other than that, yeah, ignore it. WOrk in an area away from them. If it gets to be too much, confront them, and say, dude, stop staring already, I'm just trying to work out here, not interested in you, could you please stop staring?
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not a bad idea! It might be a task getting him to come up there because this gym is all about using "GOD" to make it look good, and to us it is a joke, God is everywhere and as well he certainly should be but you can't walk into this gym without the "word" whatever that word is to them getting crammed down your throat and it is very very threatening and even the commercials are bible verses and shows them all sitting on the couch in front of the gym praying and laying hands on people and I am like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I think it has gotten too much like a cult or something for me and too full of hypocrits like saddom and gamorra idk if I spelled that right but, you will see people there working out and praising the Lord and that very weekend see the same people out messing around on their spouses at the local night club?!?!?!? dont get it, anywho now that I have sat and had a revelation of sorts with all of this maybe it is time for me to either switch or just get an elliptical and a few varying hand weights and stability ball here at the house thats really all I need anyway!

I wouldn't be upset about the way the place is run. People if they are Christians or not still make the mistakes of doing stupid things. Sometimes they have just not learned yet what it is like to confess your sins and become a better Christian. Laying on of hands is a powerful movement and not a cult. I don't want to shove Christianity down your throat by any means but it is not a cult. It is a form of worship and prayer. I hope you can see that Christianity is not the way these people portray it and you can give it a shot outside of what your instinctive feelings are.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are already considering leaving the gym because of all the other stuff you don't like about it even minus the creepers. So maybe it is time to move around. But, if you really do like the convenience of it's location and you truly feel like you are being harrassed or stalked, then I think you should confront them and let them know that they make you feel uncomfortable and if it doesn't stop you have no problem going to management or even law inforcement (in the case of the stalker).
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    I forgot to mention I was raised baptist and that my grandparents took me and my other cousin to church every time the church doors were to swing open lol which I am thankful for! Maybe that came across the wrong way,what I meant by that is that the guy that owns the place is just not living the Christian life in my opinion, fires kids and tells them that "God" ? told him to do it, well allllrighty then lets be a coward and blame God and make him look like the bad guy to and impressionable young kid that needs to have a positive view of the lord, not negative? Make sense? So it's just hard for me as another Christian to sit and watch someone feed people so full of his "word" when he himself apparently can't even be a man and just take responisbility for his decisions! Anyway addressing the boobs thing I am a full 34 DD and I do cover them COMPLETELY when I am at the gym , I wear shorts but they are 5-6 inches below my rear so we are covered there I just think this gym is all kinds of twisted, it is known here as the local meat market and I didn't believe it until now!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    YOU NEED TO SWITCH GYMS!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If the trainers are making you uncomfortable, speak to management. Chances are they are making other women uncomfortable with their gawking as well.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I say either speak to management about it, or have your fiancee go with you a few times, or both!
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Ok.....so after doing some research and reading all of your posts, I think I am going to get a gym sized elliptical for here at the house with some varying weighted dumb bells and a stability ball. That will be good enough for the upper body days and I can just go to the gym a few days a week and not subject myself to it so much. I never have this problem on the weekends thankfully so maybe I can go a day or two at most during the week and then go Sat and Sun since it seems to be the most quite time for me to go!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Learn karate or other martial art. Even if you never need to use it, you will feel more confident knowing that you could.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous 2 posts about talking to the mngmt. If they were just members then I don't think there is much to do but ignore it. However, as employees they should be not be so inappropriate. I am sure the mngmt, especially if it is a Christian gym, would not appreciate that kind of behavior from their employees. Not to dis you but I'm sure you are not the only one that they are staring at.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    There's a creepy guy at my gym too. He likes to stare at me and follow me around. If I'm on the elliptical, he gets onto the elliptical right next to me. It's annoying. I just ignore him. He is always there, too even though I've tried different times.

But you are right...it does affect my workout when I'm wondering what he's staring at.

I think you should either ignore them or confront them. Maybe they are staring and don't mean to (sometimes people are just people watchers)....then again....maybe they are attracted to you so if you confront them and let them know you are taken, they might leave you alone.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That's a major reason why I stopped going to the gym, unfortunately. I was tired of being googled and hit on by creepy old men. I'm there to workout and better my health, I'm not there to socialize because that's what bars are for. Maybe you should try finding an all-womens gym so there are no distractions AND I highly suggest telling management at that gym about these weirdos because it's not cool.

:)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous 2 posts about talking to the mngmt. If they were just members then I don't think there is much to do but ignore it. However, as employees they should be not be so inappropriate. I am sure the mngmt, especially if it is a Christian gym, would not appreciate that kind of behavior from their employees. Not to dis you but I'm sure you are not the only one that they are staring at.

Management could discontinue a membership if they noticed a member making others uncomfortable, especially women.
    There's a creepy guy at my gym too. He likes to stare at me and follow me around. If I'm on the elliptical, he gets onto the elliptical right next to me. It's annoying. I just ignore him. He is always there, too even though I've tried different times.
    That bothers me greatly. I would DEFINETLY bring that up to management. They can handle it.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'd personally probably go right up to them and ask them why they were staring. Is it possible they're just dazing off in your direction? Maybe because you're paying so much attention to them watching them stare at you, they think you're the creepy one staring at them. :wink: When you walk in they think "Man, there's that creepy girl who constantly stares at us while she works out... what's up with her? Why's she staring at us?" :tongue:

Edit: Also, maybe see if there are women-only gyms in your area. Although that may not completely prevent staring, maybe you'll be less uncomfortable if you're being stared at by women? :wink:
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    You guys are AWESOME!! LOL and Annaliza? hope I spelled that right you sound EXACTLY like me with my situation I swear girl I am not kidding you it is ALLLWAYS the same 2 trainers and then there is another guy that use to work that and dont get me wrong all of these guys are super good looking tall dark headed olive complected men, that is not the problem I am sure they are just in all honesty and harmlessly looking for someone to be with a girlfriend etc and it kind of keeps me from being so incredibly creeped out by it but, there is the one trainer that will flat out stair at me and just KEEP STAIRING even when I catch him doing it and I am thinking to myself (WOW DUDE!! Get an eye full or what?) lol as long as they are not following me out to my car I guess it shouldn't bother me so much, after all everybody needs someboyd and thank the Lord its not the stalker dude!!!!