Do you believe in fate?

Laura_Suzie
Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
I'm curious to hear people's opinion on fate and if they believe coincidences aren't just coincidences. Is their anything in your life that has happened that made you believe in fate?

For me, I totally believe it. Nothing huge has happened to me, but just little funny things that are too much of a coincident to be accidental. For example, I auditioned for Alice in Wonderland and a week later I was driving and saw a billboard that just said, "Alice" on it in huge letters. That day I found out I got the part of Alice. It was strange.

God or "the law of attraction" or whatever you want to call it I believe their is a higher power guiding our lives and I'm interested in hearing other people's stories. :)

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Mmmmmm.....I believe in karma
    but I believe people make choices which steer their life in a certain direction..
    think people make mistakes in life and learn from those mistakes...not sure about fate...been a rough year or 2 and I cant imagine this was supposed to happen..ya know?
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    I believe in karma, fate, the power of positive thinking...

One example, I have been looking for a turntable for the last 3 years, not a new one, an old school one. So, I found one, but wasn't so sure of it...so I didn't buy it. I thought, I'll come back later and if it's still here, it was meant to be. So I went back a few days later and it was gone. 6 weeks later, I decided to take a drive to the state capitol, just to look at the antique shops. First one I walked into, I didn't find one. Second one, I had a strong feeling and thought come into my head, "I want a turntable" and the feeling wouldn't go away, I looked all over, and right before I left I found one, I plugged it in and tested it, and it worked! I took it home and started to take it apart to clean it, the thing was practically brand new! It's from the late 60s and in such great shape, it was amazing.

So, it might not seem really amazing to most, but turntables are really popular right now, the lady at the first antique store said that they never last more than 3 days in her store, and I've been going to the thrift stores/antique shops/garage sales etc for years!

Other stuff has happened to me that was more than a coincidence...I don't let it run my life, but I keep an eye out for things that happen that are out of the ordinary.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I believe in luck and karma, that your fate is 50% your making and 50% chance.
  • I believe it is God, for he created all things and all thing were created by Him and for Him. He created all things on the earth under the earth, both seen and unseen. It is a direct result of a spiritual law or the supernatural "law of attraction" and sowing and reaping. So, yes, I believe their is a higher power leading, guiding, and orchestrating our lives.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I don't believe in fate, or luck, or anything like that. I believe we make our own luck and fortune.

That said, every time I've been absolutely desperate for money, something's come up that's just about the amount I need. :tongue:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    I know that God has a plan for everyone in this life. HE knows who's gonna make it into Heaven and who's not. HE knew Judas's assignment before he was conceived. HE IS GOD...
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    I don't believe in fate, luck, karma, positive thinking (in terms of influencing an outcome of an event etc), "laws" of attraction, god, or anything spiritual etc etc

I think things are just what they are.
  • Sockimobi
    I know that God has a plan for everyone in this life. HE knows who's gonna make it into Heaven and who's not. HE knew Judas's assignment before he was conceived. HE IS GOD...

ROFL!!!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    I like this topic....I totally believe in fate and the Law of Attraction (got the app - sorry DID have the app until my phone was stolen tonight).

I also believe in coincidence too. Certain things can be explained but for others theres just too may "links" in the chain so to speak which I would call fate.

I really do strongly believe that positve thoughts bring about positve things - law of attraction i suppose. Same with numerology. My number is 11 - the master number. I see that number all the time like 11:11. Strange.

Everything happens for a reason, however small or insignificant it may seem. You just have to open your eyes and ears to the messages. I think part of life is all about being in tune with oneself and steering daily life in the right direction. Obviously I must be outta tune today as its been a rubbish day all in all. Its picked up tho since I jumped onto MFP. lol.

Interesting to read other peoples views.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    I believe it is God, for he created all things and all thing were created by Him and for Him. He created all things on the earth under the earth, both seen and unseen. It is a direct result of a spiritual law or the supernatural "law of attraction" and sowing and reaping. So, yes, I believe their is a higher power leading, guiding, and orchestrating our lives.

^^ this
  • Sockimobi
    I like this topic....I totally believe in fate and the Law of Attraction (got the app - sorry DID have the app until my phone was stolen tonight).

I wonder what you did to attract that into your life :(
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    pray to God....but row towards shore-
    a little from us, a little from the universe is where i stand.
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    LOVE this - totally believe that everything happens for a reason....may not know what it is at the time...... but it soon make itself clear
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.

I tell you a story. I was really into Law Of Attraction for a while. I had been doing it for a while, and I decided I wanted a new car. Every night, before I went to bed, I would tell myself all the things I am grateful for that happened that day, and then I would imagine myself driving my new car. I would smell it, and picutre myself driving it. I did this every noght for a couple of weeks.

About 3 or 4 months later, I paid cash for that exact car, brand new. It was completely unbelieveable and it still blows my mind. I constantly wonder why I don't do it more often. It's not just about wanting stuff though, it's more than that. It's a lot of work, actually. But, I meant to start it up again and start a "dream wall" in my bedroom. Just haven't gotten to it. There are so many cool stories about people who do LOA. The most notable one is Jim Carrey. He wrote himself a check for 5 million dollars and taped it to his wall, and a few years later, he got a check for about that amount for his first movie.

the days I don't believe in it is when I hear horrible news about things going on in the world. People duct taping their kids to the walls. Little 5 year old girl getting gang raped. Kids being drowned by their mothers. And, worse. Or, the lady that made her kid run around the house until he died. This stuff sickens me and makes me feel like there is nothign there. No reason. No plan. No nothing. It's all just random.

So, it depends on the day, I guess.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member

Maybe it's just to make way for a better phone. ;)
  • Sockimobi

Maybe it's just to make way for a better phone. ;)

That's what upgrades are for.
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    I 100% believe in fate.