My first 5K. Success!

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I haven't completed C25K yet (one more week to go) and had signed up for The Color Run in July. Then I decided it would be fine to do a run/walk 5K so I signed up for The Girls On The Run 5K. It was today. And it was HOT. I hate running in the heat. On Thursday I did 5K at the park in 43:45 and ran for 35 minutes straight. So I had high hopes of possibly running the whole thing today. But it was about 20 degrees hotter so that was out lol.

I ran for about the first 29 or 30 minutes then walked for 3 to 4 min. Then walked again after running up a big hill. Walked a third time when my HR hit 200 (eek - heat and I don't get along!). All in all I probably walked 7 or 8 minutes. Not too bad. My time was 46:45. Just doing it was such a big accomplishment for me!

My profile picture is of me and my munchkins right after the race.

Replies

• FFwife925
    FFwife925 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I did my first 5k May 5th. It was the Race for the Cure. I ran with my husband who does 7min miles. I felt terrible that I had to slow him down but he was really supportive. I completed in 47.27. My husband says a lot of it is mental that we can push oursleves a lot farther then what we think.

I bought the app couch to 10K. I am not going to lie I loved it at first. I bought the app because in June we are doing a mud run that is 10K. At first it kicked my butt. Jog 1min walk 2. My husband said he wanted to start jogging with me. When he went with my he said that he doesn't like the app. He is very into running. Has the watches all that good stuff. He said try it my way and lets see how you do. Well i jogged 1/4 of a mile with out stopping. Now when I am at the gym I can jog for a mile and feel really good.

Congrats again on doing a great job!!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Thanks! Good job to you too.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment today! Be proud of yourself. And you look great in you pic.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Mom!! You just set a great example for those kiddos of yours and did amazing for yourself, too :wink:
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Thanks! I signed up for another race 4 weeks from now. My goal for that one is to run the entire thing and finish in under 40 minutes. It's earlier in the morning so hopefully it won't be quite as hot!!
  • ldoublem
    ldoublem Posts: 12
    Options
    Yea! Great job! I really want to do a color run, that would be so fun! Hopefully it will work out sometime!
    Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!